See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Stayed here for two nights on the weekend. There are pros and cons. The pros: This is a clean, inexpensive motel located next to Perkins, Applebees and CrackerBarrel. There are two washers and dryers for patrons' use. The rooms are good sized, have a small refrigerator and there is free WiFi offered. The front desk staff was very friendly. The cons: There is no microwave or coffepot in the rooms but there is a microwave in the breakfast room which can be used at any time. The motel has two stories but no elevator.
and the television is our room was older and didn't have the best sound. The breakfast consists of toast, bagels, and instant oatmeal. Although we stayed two nights, our room was not made up and we had to go to the front desk to ask for cleans bath towels and washcloth. There is no pool or gym. Even with the cons, we would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
FairwayInnElkhart, Staff at Fairway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Debbe. Here we offer you a hotel, at a motel price. It is clean, and inexpensive, all you've mentioned, is correct. We appreciate your accurate hotel information.

It's sad to say though, Applebees is no longer here, but Cracker Barrel is and it's still around a minute walking. Perkins also, and they offer our guest 10% off their meals.

We've made a few changes to our hotel as well, since your last stay. We've updated many of our rooms, and all are equipped with LCD televisions.

We apologize, that your room was not serviced at that time. This information will be brought to the housekeeping staff's attention.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I stayed on Sunday night and was impressed with the cleanliness AND with the night time manager, Jackie. Sometime during the night, the area lost partial power. I use a CPAP machine....she helped me transfer to a room with power so I could continue with a good nights sleep. Great location and great price! Highly recommend!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
FairwayInnElkhart, Staff at Fairway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Mary, thank you so much for your review. The power going out was a very unfortunate event. We are always happy to go above and beyond to accommodate our guest here at Fairway Inn. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I stated with them over 3 weeks had to complain many times that the bathroom wasn't being cleaned or trash not being dumped, all staff is in a hurry to charge anyone $250 for a so called cleaning charge for smoking in the room when they don't do anything after the fact but put the fee in there personal pocket

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Robert G
FairwayInnElkhart, Fairway Inn Staff at Fairway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2018

Thank you for your review Robert. We are very sorry you had this negative experience with your bathroom not being cleaned and trash not being disposed of properly. We will forward this information on to our housekeeping staff. In regards to the smoking fee, all Indiana hotels are smoke free. This information is posted in the lobby when you check in, and states if you smoke you will be charged. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Very similar to the Motel 6. The heat never turned off woke me up several times trying to cool the room down. And yes I did turn the heat off! When I first ran the water both in the sink and in the tub it was brown not dark brown but brown. Carpets in the hallway and in the rooms seriously need replaced. For the price it's an OK stay considering the price of all of the other hotels in the area. Continental breakfast consist of cold coffee, bagels, toast with jelly and butter oh wait they also had oatmeal no milk no cream cheese. Did replace coffee when I complained of it being cold.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
FairwayInnElkhart, Fairway Inn Staff at Fairway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2018

Tina, thank you for your feedback. We are currently updating our hotel. We have already updated our heating and a/c units in our rooms, all new. As far as breakfast we are working on adding new items to the menu. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

I checked in around 5:00/6:00 PM. The hotel is in a great location, right next to Perkins and across from Cracker Barrel. Several other amenities, including a gas station were close as well. No concerns of elevated safety issues, due to the location as well. Upon entry, I thought the lobby area was quaint and nicer than I'd anticipated after reading some other reviews. When I approached the desk to check in, there were 2 ladies talking in one of the offices just behind the reception area. In theory, they could see the front desk, but they didn't pay attention for a few minutes. Just as I went to ring their desk bell, one of the noticed me waiting and sent the other gal out to check me in. This other gal was apparently new to the desk job and was a bit slow and tedious in her efforts. Thankfully, the other lady helped her, but it was kind of annoying that there was no apology or anything and it was taking a bit of extra effort to get things done. The lady in training barely even spoke to me, but the other one did a little better, but no friendly welcome or good information about things like how the WiFi worked or some info about Continental breakfast.After that ordeal, I went to the room, which was nice enough; clean and nothing in disrepair that I noticed. When I unloaded my car, bogged down with luggage, an employee who'd been outside the entrance on smoke break, did open the door for me, so that was nice enough. Things were fine for me until around 11:00PM when I heard a loud man's voice talking and kids running up and down the hallway, being loud as well. They didn't seem to be concerned that some of us wanted to sleep. Considering they were in a room at the top of the stairwell near the main entrance, you'd think the desk would hear this commotion and maybe address the situation, but that didn't happen, either. So, if you experience something like this, don't be surprised if you have to initiate contact with the desk to complain. Breakfast was limited to coffee, oatmeal, toast, bagels. All in all, if they could jazz up breakfast a bit and really improve on customer service and consideration, this could be a really nice place.

Room tip: "Basic needs" hotel
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Fairway_Inn_Elkhart, Fairway Inn Staff at Fairway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Michelle. Our hotel, conveniently located near I 80-90, does offer great restaurants within walking distance. We apologize for your experience. This will be forwarded to the management, so that we may use this in training our desk staff. In reference to our breakfast, we are working on updating our menu. Perkins offers our guest 10% off their meals. Their restaurant opens around the same time we serve our breakfast, 6am. That’s a great option. Thank you again for your review.