“GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

and 1 more site!
Homelife Studio & Suites
Ranked #35 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Urine on the seat, refused to come clean it the front stated that was not their job and that cleaning staff is not on hand except certain times...offered another room at a higher rate and difference was requested...Heat was on 90 never warmed up...tried to get refund and denied but half price was checked in for an hr, was only in room for 20 minutes total...Almost out of toilet paper but would not deliver to room was told to walk to office(located outside I had 3 kids and was alone by myself) to get it Manager refused to talk to guest....would sleep in car again if had to instead of sleep in that ggross room...was told room was clean and checked pretty much was told we put dried urine on toilet seat

Room Tip: Nothing good
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank anoymous20142

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I just stayed here for the weekend with my husband while we were here shopping, the front desk was great and very knowledgable about the hotel and the area around giving great suggestions on shopping and eating places!!! The rooms were very nice for the price that they charged. The rooms have new carpets and newly remodeled bathrooms that the front desk informed us of and they also just got WiFi at the hotel. We had a great time and we will be back for sure!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank LizabethFinn
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I liked the staff, and the renovations... but the police were out there almost every night. It made me very uncomfortable, one; because its the police, they're never nice people, and they represent the militarization of this country... and two; that meant their were people even worse than cops staying there!!!

Room Tip: Check value place down the road first. I was mad once I learned about that hotel. Cleaner, safer...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Johny P
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

As a travel nurse I stay in a lot of places. I have been staying here since June and will be here till November. Each room has a full size icebox and all kitchen utensils needed. Also the furnish kitchen towels and as many towels and wash clothes u need.
Parking lot is well lite all night as well as the doors to the rooms. The police patrol the parking often.
They are continuing to make improvement painting, new lights, and the clean the parking lot everyday. Only draw back is no Wifi in the rooms but u do have a computer cable to hook into ur computer.
It is a Great Place to stay. So if u are passing through or going to be here for awhile come by and stay,

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Debbie W
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed in this facility over Labor Day weekend, having stayed here five years ago and that visit being excellent. We were quickly disappointed this time. We had asked for a nonsmoking room, which we received, but upon entering the room we could definitely smell that someone had smoked in there. We brought our things in from the car, turned on the room air conditioner (the temperature outside was close to 100 degrees). The room was facing west, drapes open, and air conditioner had not been on all day. Room was almost as hot as outside. We left for dinner, to give the a/c ample time to start cooling down the room. We came back about 2 hours later and the room was still hot and extremely humid. Management allowed us to move to the room next door. The a/c worked very well in that room.

They do *not* have wifi in the rooms, but do provide ethernet cables. I plugged it in to my laptop computer and there was NO connection to the internet. I inquired of the front desk person who said no password was necessary. She also commented that the hotel's computer in the lobby was available for guests to use, or I could bring my laptop to the lobby and use wifi there. The lobby computer also would not connect to the internet, and she mentioned that even her laptop computer would not connect with the wifi and her work computer was 'slow.' We ended up going to Starbucks to use their wifi.

Around 12:30 a.m., a severe thunderstorm came through. The power in *half* our room went out. The a/c, vanity sink lights (outside of bathroom), and kitchen still had power. All other lights, including bathroom, and TV were not working. This remained an issue for our entire stay (2 nights). We inquired of management on day 2 about the status of electricity coming back on since it had come back on in the rest of Evansville. We were told that lightning had struck the building directly and parts for repair would not be available until Tuesday, after Labor Day.

We were out all day the second day of our stay there. When we returned to the room that night, housekeeping had not been in to service our room. I went over to the lobby to ask for clean towels and mentioned our room had not been serviced. The clerk said housekeeping only comes in every third day. I'm okay with this but it would have been nice to have been told this upon check in, or to have a sign in the room stating such.

The neighborhood is starting to deteriorate a little and as I was walking to the lobby to get the towels, a police officer walked into the lobby ahead of me. The clerk was reporting a domestic situation involving some guests.

This facility has so much potential. The rates are fantastic (as they were five years ago when we stayed there). I do not know, but it is my impression that the ownership of this location has changed. It is definitely not as nice or as clean as it was previously. It has not degraded so much that it cannot be brought back up. There are many restaurants nearby, it is convenient to the expressway and shopping.

The facility has a nice pool and patio area, but we did not use either.

They offer a continental breakfast in the lobby from 6:00 to 9:00 a.m., but not much variety from what hubby told me. I follow a gluten-free diet, so brought my own food.

Room Tip: In the summer time, you might ask for a room that faces east.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple