Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Unexpected treasure

Reviewed 30 December 2018
Eloise C
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2021

I had a massage at Bliss Spa on March 1st. I was greeted by a shy, young, massage therapist who admitted she had only been working there for a short while. She was on time with my appointment but was mediocre. No hot rocks, the sheets were barely warm, and front desk personnel offered no beverage to me while I waited for my friend who was also getting a massage. I had to ask if I could make a cup of tea. I asked about another massage therapist in the area who had given me a massage in 2019 from her home office. She was awesome! The receptionist and young massage therapist at Bliss Spa both denied knowing who I was talking about, yet I later found Monica Houchin just up the street at Serenity Day Spa!

Date of experience: March 2021
MeganBateman, Owner at Bliss Spa & Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

This is Catherines friend (see 3/8 review).
We are glad you had great service at your friends and could use your review power to promote her business. We wish her and you the best. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 September 2019

We have been in this spa several times and the services were always very good. We usually go to the area 1 o 2 times per year and have been to this spa almost every time. The range of services is good, the providers are good and the people are friendly. Oh yea one more thing, the prices are considerably less than the hotels.

Date of experience: September 2019
MeganBateman, Owner at Bliss Spa & Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2019

Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased you had a wonderful experience. Please do visit us again!

Reviewed 7 August 2019

Had a pedicure for $65 for 50 minutes. Small color selection. Water was pea warm and just an okay pedicure. The owner and staff were not very friendly. I was a little disappointed. I'm used to at least being offered a glass of water or soft drink. The massaging chair was the best part for me!

Date of experience: July 2019
MeganBateman, Owner at Bliss Spa & Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2019

We apologize we were not a 5 star excellent review for you. We have had issues with the water being to hot for
some guests so for guests safety we try to dial down the temperature. We do wish you would have let us know at
the time so we could have made it a comfortable temperature. I as the owner was not there that day but I apologize
on the behalf of our employees. We will see these issues get resolved in the future.
Thank you very much for your business and I do hope you come and give us a 2nd chance.
Megan Bateman - Owner

Reviewed 5 April 2019

My 1 star is for the severe lack of customer service and horrible professionalism. I schedule a message over a month in advanced using their online appointment option. It was scheduled for 10:00am. The week of the appointment, I checked my time but noticed a 3:30pm time had opened up. So I took that appointment time instead. That was on a Tuesday and they were closed. On Wednesday, I called to cancel the 10am appt and confirm the 3:30 app. The lady I talked to said everything looked good and confirmed my 3:30pm appt for Saturday. Come Saturday, I show up for my 3:30 appt. The receptionist told me that they did not have me scheduled at all! Another lady came out and said that they don't have any appts and that I should have received an e-mail confirmation about my appointments. I never received any e-mails for either time for my appointment. No where on the website did it say I should expect an e-mail, so I didn't look out for one. The lady made it feel like it was my fault for the error. She did say sorry but her disposition was like "ugh, just leave." And then she just walked away. Why have an online scheduled option if it is not going to work? Not sure how there services are but I will not be back by the way they handle the business.

Date of experience: March 2019

The appointment was clearly cancelled by the reviewer, even went as far as to make 2 appointments on the same day, and then cancel them both. One in the morning and one in the afternoon.

She called 3 days before the appointments and cancelled them both, I am the owner and took this call, not the front desk receptionist.

Reviewer comes into business on the day she cancelled the appointments and acted like nothing had happened. We had verified her cancellations over the phone and via email. She was visibly upset and said she had never cancelled (we had the email and phone call with her verifying). She demanded a service at no cost. We did not oblige even after she stated she was going to leave us an unkind review. And here we are. Enjoy life.

Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I had a couples massage, and it far exceeded our expectations. Very professional, massage therapists were amazing and it’s very reasonably priced. Tried this spa on a whim and it was an unexpected treasure that we will not forget. Return trips are most definitely in our future.

Date of experience: December 2018
MeganBateman, Owner at Bliss Spa & Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2019

Thank you for your wonderful review, we do hope you come back and see us. :)