“Good food, but service could use some help”

Tried & True Alehouse
Ranked #22 of 203 Restaurants in Greenwood
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I don’t know if our waitress was new, over scheduled, or just having a rough night. Service was very slow. One of the sandwiches was served on a soggy bun and sent back. By the time that was brought out, everyone else was done with their meal. Salads are huge serve, even the dinner salads are large. Large beer selection. Plenty of choices to please everyone.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

The wife and I have made the T&T (Tried and True) Ale House our Fr9iday night hangout. Folks from all generations enjoy a variety of ales, beers, and hard liquor mixtures, while chowing down on a variety of foods from their house kitchen. Everything is hand prepared by the kitchen staff, service is normally quick (but occasionally slows due to large crowds during sports seasons. Seasonal local, college, and national sports adorn the many TV’s surrounding the bar area. Serving staff is friendly & quick.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to stay close to home and visit Tried and True. The food was good but that was the only good thing. The waitress was so busy talking or playing around with other staff members that she only touched our table one time in over an hour and that was at the end asking if we needed our check that’s it. I was very upset but my wife told me not to say anything and I think the manager on shift should know when the wait staff isn’t doing their job. We were never offered a refill and a small 3 course meal for 1 took over 25 minutes to get to the table. Then another girl threw it on the table literally without saying a enjoy, nothing didn’t say a word or even ask if we needed anything which we did A-1 sauce which we never received. I guess if you want to drink it a good place but don’t expect good service in the dining room area. The restaurant was only half full and we were treated poorly, I don’t know if we will ever go back. Customer service is very important to me and it was a huge disappointment. Hope your experience is better if you decide to go. This is a local restaurant that is a busy place but that’s the last 2 visits that have been poor and I don’t know if we will ever go back.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We ate here in July and again this past weekend. Food and service was great, and reasonably priced. We had to wait about 15 minutes which was reasonable for a Friday evening. Would definitely consider returning.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Been awhile since we came here. No longer have the awesome pork chops. Tried the pork cutlets instead. Slightly salty and not a good substitution for the chops. Use to have great fries but average now. Burgers still fantastic. Great place for upscale bar food not so much so for sit down dinners. Great chili also.