“Best place near Center Grove high school”

Tried & True Alehouse
Ranked #22 of 203 Restaurants in Greenwood
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Had the Thursday drink special, a deep Eddy martini and a bowl of Industry Chili. The drink was decent, could have dressed it up with some fruit or something, but the chili was excellent. The rest of my group had fish and chips and the Cajun beef filet tips, all good.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

The typical brew pub atmosphere with a basic industrial style decor - metal and grays with concrete floor. We were there 4:30 time frame so it was a very limited crowd. Hard to say what it might be later. Service was good and wait staff was knowledgeable and friendly. A bit too chatty for my personal taste but not outside of the normal range in this type of place. Good menu selection. The chips and buffalo dip were excellent. The onion rings were a generous serving but a little over deep fried for my taste - breading was dark brown instead of golden. Entrees were good except everything seemed over salted to our taste. The overall experience was kind of middle of the road. It is not going to be our new go-to-spot but we will go back.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Place in my opinion had kind of gone to the popper since it opened. So have the big crowds. Greenwood needs more independent places that cater to substantial meal food and not just primarily pub food. Loved the awesome pork chop that now is gone. The original fries were really special now gone. Service and attitude has declined a lot. My salad tonight was mostly yellow stale iceberg lettuce.

On a positive note the chili was awesome as ever.

This could be a place we would come often if they would get a couple of awesome steaks or maybe a wild caught salmon or some fresh sea food selections. Some Ahi Tuna would rock.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Decided to try this restaurant because of friends raving about it. When we got there the was a sign on the door they would be closing at 8:00pm to celebrate their birthday with their employees. It was around 7:00pm, we asked the hostess if we should come back another time to TRY them out, she said NO! Come on in! We sat at the bar, ordered a couple of specialty drinks (which was the drink special of the night. $2.00 off) I had a dirty martini, my husband a berry old fashion, both were great! The bartender recommended a few things, I chose wings with a side of brussel sprouts, both simply amazing! My husband had a burger, cooked to perfection and delicious too! Not once was we hurried or rushed for their party! Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I don’t know if our waitress was new, over scheduled, or just having a rough night. Service was very slow. One of the sandwiches was served on a soggy bun and sent back. By the time that was brought out, everyone else was done with their meal. Salads are huge serve, even the dinner salads are large. Large beer selection. Plenty of choices to please everyone.