“Large List of Beer”

Shallo's
Ranked #12 of 203 Restaurants in Greenwood
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 March 2018

My husband and I were down in Greenwood and looking for something that wasn't a chain. He likes craft beer so we thought we would give this place a try. Lots to choose from on tap and plenty of selections in bottles. It was 8:30 when we got there on a Friday night and we had to wait about fifteen minutes for a table. Service was good and the food was good. Better than supporting a chain. I had a buffalo chicken sandwich and my husband had a swamp chicken sandwich. It was very good. Nice place to stop for a beer and pub food.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

the list is long , but they don't have everything on the list. So don't go there with your heart set on something, be prepared to compromise. Food is good, nothing I would crave for.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I met my wife at Shallos on a first date. It was a favorite restaurant of hers and it was awesome that night as it was tonight 12 years later. We started with the onion ring appetizer mmmm. She had the swamp chicken dinner with baked potato and salad. I had a ribeye with baked potato and salad. Very nice salad. She liked her children and brought home part of it and her baker. I thought the ribeye was cooked just right and was tasty. Food has always been prepared well and tasted great here. Service is also fantastic. All waiters and waitresses were busy and trained well. 5 star service, food, and atmosphere. We didn't drink, however this restaurant has a nice bar and lots of beer choices. You must visit if you haven't been to Shallos for a great night out.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Unique decor (shabby? chic? nostalgic?) and a menu with a vast assortment of beers to choose from. Food choices are pretty wide ranging too! It is not elegant, the food won't be the best you have ever eaten, but the service is good, the food is good, and the beers are numerous.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I have dined here for more than a decade and the food is consistently good. A wide selection of choices with some unique offerings. (Their swamp offerings.)
The wait staff varies with sometimes being less attentive than is needed.
I don't drink beer but those who do are often impressed with the selection available.