“A Hidden Gem - What Milktooth An Only Hope To Aspire To.”

The Gallery Pastry Shop
Ranked #365 of 2,492 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: Amazing desserts by Chef Ben Hardy. Specializing in wedding cakes, special event cakes, French Macarons, croissants, eclairs and anything you can imagine! Join us Sundays for brunch and champagne specials!
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Tucked back in a little mall across from Posh Petals, and next door to the Mass Ave. Toy Shop, this amazing little hidden gem will make Milktooth ashamed of itself. Chef Ben has put together a simple, delicious assortment of crepes, omelettes and authentic French pastries that will turn any breakfast or brunch into an occasion. Set up in an industrial bay, replete with truck garage door opening the festivities to the outdoor seating, TGPS is simply yet coolly appointed with tables made out of hewn trees (by my count, the table in the back corner is more than 60 years old if you count the rings). A worthy backdrop for true true breakfast goodness. I can't tell you enough the difference between seriously, enviably cool and amazing and the pretense, noise and masturbatory annoyance of Milktooth. I can't NOT talk about this amazing place without comparing it against one of the best-rated, trulybad breakfast spots in the city (see my separate review of the monstrosity that is Milktook elsewhere, here). Omelets with garden-to-table appointments (much from their own garden). Locally sourced meats. Locally sourced coffee (Bee and, soon we hope, Tinker). Fresh-made crepes (savory and sweet). Carmelized peaches. Heirloom tomato salad to die for. Herbal teas. Great service (thanks for introducing us to this wonderful find, Ariel). Service with a smile. And truly authentic French pastries, available for dessert or to take home (the pan au chocolate we enjoyed yesterday had just come out of the oven...OMG). This, along with Eggshell Bistro in Carmel, are simply the best breakfast places in Indianapolis. End of story. Bravo.

1  Thank george e

Reviewed 8 June 2017

It was my first visit for brunch with my cousin and sister. It is set off the road a bit, parking is minimal. The food is delicious though. I had a little bit of a hard time finding it, but when it is hidden gem it is very tasty. I found this place by chance.

I would recommend trying this place out, but first have them explain the menu to you on your first visit. From there, you will have a better idea of how it works for the next time you visit. :-) Also, try their lavender pear latte! Delish!

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Hidden in a re-purposed industrial strip at 54th and the Monon, The Gallery Pastry Shop is well worth the search. They have bar seating overlooking the open kitchen or table seating. We visited on a Saturday morning and chose to sit at the bar. We ordered savory crepes with side salads and then shared an amazing sweet, creamy croissant. The crepes and croissant were perfect. However, there is definitely room for improvement in their service. We had to ask for menus after waiting several minutes, then ask someone other than our server if we could order. I had coffee and it was never refreshed and I was never asked if I would like another. The food is wonderful here, but it is not easy getting it.
Follow The Gallery Pastry Shop on social media sites - their macaroons are beautiful art!

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Definitely one of my new favorite places in the city. Love, love, love it here! I never have a wait to be seated (and the seats are adorable). Service is super friendly-the manager remembers me and introduces herself to all of my friends every time I bring a new one to visit. I enjoy the laid back atmosphere and the open concept kitchen so I can be entertained with cooking adventures while I relax. Brunch has become my favorite in the city with 1/2 price bottles, create-your-own omelets, and an occasional piano player! I've tried a new dessert every time and have not been disappointed. I love that they are open late on the weekends because it is the perfect spot to bring friends after a movie or play without hitting up a bar. Service is so chill and I never feel rushed or pushed to be finished. I'm so happy they are located in my neighborhood because I will be back again and again.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Celebrated a birthday lunch here. They had two choices of quiche today - they were superb. It is a wonderful atmosphere with unique furnishings. They even created a special birthday dessert.