Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
GreenLeadersGold level
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Mister Al”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I had a great time at The Hampton - my room was large and affordable, the staff were great and friendly to me and when I had a problem (I thought I'd thrown away an important document in the garbage by mistake) they clicked into overdrive to help me find it, which I was super-impressed with and super-grateful for. I'll definitely go back there again. Plus there was an ATM less than 100 yards away. Coolio!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 30 January 2012

It was clean, and the breakfast was good. Every-time someone slammed a door on my floor, my whole room shook. I couldn't shut the curtains on the window at all (and there was a superbowl party right beneath it). The drunk people speaking in the hall way around the corner I could clearly hear in my room at 3am. Went to leave, called in to get the valet car and 20 min later it still isn't there. 20 more min and its not there. My husband went to the valet desk and it had been there for a bit, they just hadn't gotten around to calling our name.....WHAT? 45 min wait for my car in a room with screaming children and you can't call out a name? *sigh*

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Hello Jackie B,

I wanted to send you a quick message to first thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering out team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.

I was glad to read that you found the breakfast to be good and the hotel clean. Our staff works diligently to maintain a clean property and offer delicious, hot breakfast items daily. I apologize for the disruption you experienced due to exterior guest noise. We typically don't have many issues with such as yours but occasionally it does arise. In most cases, we are able to assist with switching room accommodations, assuming the property isn't sold out. I was also disappointed that you experienced such a delay with valet. Our team is usually more prompt with retrieving vehicles. I can promise this isn't the norm.

Once again, thanks for choosing the Hampton Inn Downtown Indianapolis and providing some detail about your stay. I can promise it will be a better experience if you decide to stay with us again. We hope to see you again your next time through Indianapolis!

Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The location of the Hampton Inn is very good, although it is not actually connected to the Mall/convention center skywalk system, it is within 3min. The rooms were big and clean, beds were comfy front desk workers were quick and friendly, and they had a decent complimentary breakfast on the second floor.
As for the few cons.... try and gt a room away from the elevator, as it is very loud. Windows to the outside dont lock out all outer noise, and the walls were thin.
For the price and location, this is a good hotel

Room Tip: rooms away from the elevator, its loud.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GDGandTBiggs
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Hello TheGormans,

I wanted to send a quick thank you for your recent stay and review of our Hampton! We really appreciate you taking the time to post about your visit to our hotel and Indianapolis. Our goal is to have every guest leave 100% satisfied and I was glad to read, on the whole, you were satisfied with your stay.

I was glad to see you found the staff to be timely and friendly during your visit along with offering a quality hot breakfast in our dining area. I apologize you had a bit of exterior noise audible in your room but glad you found it to be clean and comfortable.

Once again, thanks for posting a detailed review of your stay with us. We really appreciate you choosing our hotel while in Indianapolis and hope to see you again during your visit.

Sarnia, Ontario
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Stayed at this location for one night with a co-worker, two weeks before the Superbowl in Indianapolis. This hotel was easy to get to, centrally located, and reasonably priced. Valet parking at $17.00 was fair for this location, while I found the service fast and friendly. Hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating, while my room was clean, with a spacious bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet with an ice machine on each floor. I enjoyed the small, but adequate fitness center, which consisted of three treadmills, a bike and a cross trainer, along with some weights. The hot breakfast in the morning was certainly better then most, including everything from fresh fruit to prepared omlettes and sausage paddies. The breakfast room was spacious, updated and comfortable. Overall, this hotel has a lot going for it with it's great central location, friendly staff, clean rooms, great breakfast and even breakfast on the run for those in a hurry. I will definately stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Hello SunSeekerRon,

I wanted to thank you for posting such a glowing review of your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn Downtown Indianapolis. Everything mentioned in your post is a key to our success and I love to see those assets shine through. Our goal is to have every guest leave as satisfied with their stay as you did!

From our friendly staff, to our clean rooms and complimentary breakfast, you outlined exactly what a GM would hope to see from a satisfied guest. I really appreciated that our staff was so courteous during your visit. They standout as fantastic representatives for the hotel and only continue to elevate our level of efficiency.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn and for posting such a detail review. We look forward to serving you again during your next visit to Indianapolis!

Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We changed hotels during our stay in Indianapolis from a 4-star hotel to this Hampton Inn. This hotel beat out the 4-star hands down in every category possible - and was a lot better priced. This hotel is very conveniently located downtown - close to everything! We were here for an event at the convention center and it's a very easy walk down the street. The staff (thank you Megan!) was over-the-top helpful. The rooms were nice and clean. The bathroom was good-sized. There are mirrors in the room so that more than one person can get ready at a time in the morning (always a bonus in our family). And best of all, it was quiet! The beds are double, not queen - so on the smaller side. There is a table and two chairs instead of a desk, which is nice for eating takeout or playing games. But the outlets are next to the table for computer usage. There is no refrigerator or microwave in the rooms. They do have a good variety of tv stations and pay movies available. The breakfast is free and is what I would call a continental-plus. There are some hot dishes available as well as the basics - and it's managed by some very sweet ladies who are very attentive. Also, the breakfast room is on the 2nd floor in a very large room with lots of space to move around in. A nice change from the usual squeeze-and-eat of most hotels with free continental breakfasts.

Room Tip: Top floor at the end of the hall is the quietest.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family