1,197 results
All reviews great location valet parking the hard rock cafe front desk convention center within walking distance bankers life fieldhouse field house an older building street noise breakfast room breakfast staff valet service free breakfast oatmeal restaurants and bars lucas oil stadium
Reviewed 16 April 2018

This is a property with an amazing location.. walking distance to almost everything, with valet parking...The property is heading to a major reno, so it will probably come out even better than now. The service is very good, the front desk is quick to pick up the phone. The wifi is ok, and once i was given the code- it was super. Will be back- purely for the location.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Syna J, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback it is greatly appreciated! It pleases me that you enjoyed our location and staff! Thank you again and we can't wait to see you the next time you are in Indy.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. It is an older building but rooms are clean and comfortable. There are some interesting old architectural features in this historic building. Our room was on a corner of the 6th floor facing Maryland Street and I was not disturbed by noise at night as some others have mentioned. There is a little sound machine in the room that can be used so it must be a common complaint. Our bathroom was fine with good water pressure and no issues.

Breakfast was acceptable with choice of eggs, bacon, oatmeal/cereal, waffles and breads. The line was very long and I would suggest moving the waffle maker from the dead center of the serving area as it creates a bottle-neck with people waiting for waffles. Breakfast staff did a good job of keeping things stocked during a very busy time.

Only annoying features about the property were the headache of pulling up to drop off our vehicle for valet parking (which is the only choice). There is a very small area for drop off and to turn the corner onto Maryland, traffic was backed up blocking the right lane of Meridian. We had to wait quite a long time to make it to the front of the hotel.

Only other negative is the slow elevators. There are only 3 at one end of the building and at least twice in our one night stay, one was out of service. At times, the wait was fairly long with guests backed up in the lobby. We actually decided to take the stairs to the 6th floor at one point which wouldn't be an option for everyone.

The location is great and an easy walk to Banker's Life as well as many good restaurants and shopping. Overall, a good value and would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: I am guessing the higher rooms are quieter due to the nightlife on Maryland St.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Syna J, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback it is greatly appreciated!! It pleases me that the staff was up to par in all areas! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future! Take care! :)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel before and my colleagues have stayed here for years while working in Indianapolis, on duty. We have to be careful with government law enforcement vehicles as they are prohibited from being operated by civilians, including valets, for obvious reasons. The typical procedure at every hotel, including the Hampton Inn in Indianapolis, is we purchase valet parking but operate the vehicles ourselves to park them. In other words, we do the valet’s job for them but still pay them as though they are parking the car for us.

No hotel, including the Hampton Inn in Indianapolis, has ever had a problem until my recent reservation when The manager refused to allow me to park my own vehicle despite having already paid for the valet and parking service. I professionally explained the situation, reminded her that this is not a recent concession I am requesting because my colleagues and I have done this countless times before, and explained that this is standard practice at all hotels. She wouldn’t budge and instead offered for me to park at a parking garage (that was full) or use metered parking (that are unsecure for overnight parking). She defended her position by stating that she has liability concerns that apparently the hotel did not have in the past. I reminded her that there is no liability on a government law enforcement vehicle because 1) the government is self-insured and 2) law enforcement officers serving in a law enforcement capacity are not restricted from accessing their lot at any time while on duty (which I was).

I contacted Hilton corporate offices and they agreed: this is absurd and inconsistent with every other hotel; however, they were unable to convince the manager to allow me to park at the Hampton Inn.

I canceled my room and canceled my three future reservations. I will never stay here again. I advised my colleagues and they are also canceling all of their future reservations.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Jeannie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Brian, thank you for taking the time to write this review. I wanted to be sure I responded very quickly and address your concerns. We are very law enforcement friendly at our hotel, and have an excellent relationship with IMPD. As we discussed upon your arrival, our property offers valet parking only to our guests. Our guests can always choose to self park their vehicles at a variety of nearby garages or lots. I apologize that on your first visit, you did not get the correct information and it created confusion on your second visit with us. This is why I did everything in my power to help you locate other parking or arrangements while you were here. I have used this situation as a training opportunity to all staff members.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Went to comic con in indy, love Hampton and wonderful location for this venue, helpful staff. Great breakfast. Would stay again. Would recommend to others. There is so much you can do downtown Indy any time of year. Stay here!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your five star review!! It pleases me that you enjoyed our location and staff! We look forward to seeing you in the near future. :)

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Hampton Inn provides a really nice stay downtown. Not much of a view, brick wall. But it was close to work and great restaurants. The room was really clean and the check in clerk was very nice. But, be warned, if you are traveling for work, they now require travel papers to prove the reason you are there!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Teresa K
Syna J, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you very much for you five star review!! Its pleases me that you enjoyed our location and staff. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Indy!