“3.5”

Goodfellas Pizzeria
Ranked #778 of 2,416 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Description: Pizza is what we do... and we pride ourselves on staying true to our New York roots! We believe that everyone should experience the culture of an independent business focused on family and community. Not only do we have a passion for pizza, we have passion for our customers. Come in and let us prove to you why they call us "Goodfellas".
Reviewed 12 May 2017

Since the first reviewer voted 3 and said 3.5, I'll go with 4 to get the avg right. :)

As he stated, $6 for a big slice of pizza, side and drink. The pizza was OK but not outstanding. That may be partially because it's not truly fresh unless you get lucky and get a slice from a pie fresh out of the oven. It seemed pretty similar to the NY style place in our hometown.

The salad was pretty good. They don't give out to-go cups by default so you need to ask. I assume that is because they are decent plastic ones rather than single-use ones.

Even though I like rock/metal music, I agree it was louder than it needed to be inside.

1  Thank Michael R

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Well, my wife and I were disappointed. We had heard all of the hype about New York Pizza and thought that this would be pizza heaven. Not so. I had a slice of cheese and the cheese was way too hard. My wife had pepperoni and it was too greasy. The pasta salads we both had were good. The dipping sauces, however, were very bland. On the good side, a slice, side salad and drink were only $6 at lunch. They were out of nacho cheese dip. Strange, since they serve bread sticks.You order at the counter and get your own utensils, etc. I always like that. There is outside seating, distracted by heavy construction across the street. Not their fault. The music was a mixture and was too loud outside. There is a great looking bar area with comfortable looking sofas. I will try that next time with my dining buddy. All-in-all it gets a 3.5 out of 5. Try Jockamo's for better pizza.

1  Thank GroveReviews