“Tons of food, not a lot of dough”

Goodfellas Pizzeria
Ranked #440 of 2,561 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Description: Pizza is what we do... and we pride ourselves on staying true to our New York roots! We believe that everyone should experience the culture of an independent business focused on family and community. Not only do we have a passion for pizza, we have passion for our customers. Come in and let us prove to you why they call us "Goodfellas".
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome! You can get a huge slice of pizza, the biggest breadstick you have ever seen, and a drink for $6 at lunch. Seriously? Yep! I love the pepperoni pizza and you can sit on the patio and enjoy your food. Love it!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I may not be the best for this. I prefer other styles of pizza better. However, for NY pizza it is OK. I had no complaints. It is much better than other NY style pizza in Indy. Each slice is HUGE I would serve 2 people off of it., The side salad was totally average. The cannoli on the other hand were AMAZING. The shell was crispy, the inside unctuous. When I saw them pre-package and waiting, I was worried it would be soggy. It was not.
The place is clean. The staff friendly and happy ( always a good sign). Parking is street parking. For at least the next several months it is limited street parking as there is a major construction project across the street.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We had gone downtown Indy with local relatives to stroll Mass Ave area on the Monday before the independence holiday and spotted this restaurant. We decided to give it a try and were not disappointed. We had the large 22" vegetarian pizza (wiseguy) and it easily fed 5 adults and one child with slices left over. It is the thin crust NY style pizza. We saw them tossing the dough before we decided to eat there so that was good. It had a good taste with ample vegetables and a nice crust. We sat on the outside covered patio as the weather was really nice that day. If we were in the area already, we would certainly consider coming here again.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

So my husband and I were waiting to get in to escape the room, which is the business right next-door. So we decided to kill some time over a goodfellas. We had already ate dinner that evening downtown, but as soon as the door opened and I was able to get my first sniff I was sold. It smells so good! I did not have one but I saw the breadsticks are about 2 feet long. We went to the back where they have a full bar and tons of seating areas. Walking down the street you cannot tell that there's a bar in the back. We happen to see someone in there having a drink so my husband asked. I can't wait to come back and try the food. And the staff was so nice!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Very convenient for grabbing a slice before walking over to the Murat/Egyptian Room for a show. The pizza was decent. the flavor was ok, and the size of the slice and the crust was true NY style. I liked that there was garlic powder at the table. Most midwest pizza places skip that part! The caprese salad was flavorful, but the mozz, basil, tomato ratio was off for my taste. Plus, the basil was shredded like lettuce. More cheese, whole pieces of basil and less tomatoes would have had a more balanced flavor - or maybe that's just me. The 'Ice-t' and 'ice cube' stickers were funny! Overall this place does its job for a pizza place.