New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Indianapolis Marriott Downtown

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #29 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Great Spot for Convention Center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We attended a trade show in February, and the Marriott hotel was a great spot. Right in the heart of downtown. It has a direct walkway into the convention center, and the rates were priced better than the others. Rooms are updated and feature all the amenities you need.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and our location.

We hope you coose to stay with the Indy Marriott Downtown on your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Good location, clean, good breakfast, busy lobby, close to central downtown. and expensive.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy that our hotel met your needs for this visit. I am sorry that the value did not meet your expectations. We always strive to make sure our product and service levels are worth the price we charge.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in Indy!
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

My son and I stayed at the Marriott Indianapolis Downtown during our recent sojourn to the NFL Experience. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the bathroom was exceptionally clean, and the staff was fantastic. Almost everyone was exceptionally friendly at the hotel during our stay. It almost seemed like the city of Indianapolis had held a training session for the hotel personnel and the rest of the Indianapolis folks on how to treat visitors properly.
Upon entering the hotel one gets the idea that this is going to be a very pleasant stay. The lobby is so beautiful, and the desk personnel are eager to help with any questions. The New York Giants football team was also staying in the Marriott, and we got a chance to see a lot of them, some of whom were willing to sign autographs. I was coming downstairs in the elevator at one point and there was another guest on the elevator. He noticed that I had on my Redskins shirt, and he told me he used to coach for the Redskins. I couldn't believe how congenial the man was.
We ate at all three of the restaurants in the hotel, and I found them all to be very pleasant. Some of the prices were rather high, but, then again, so were the prices of almost everything else in Indianapolis, probably due to the opportunity to capitalize upon the immense tourist trade during the NFL Experience and the Super Bowl. But, that is not unlike any other city I have visited during a very special event. A lady at the Starbuck's took my order on my first morning at the hotel, and her smile was enough to set off my visit on a very positive note. The Breakfast Buffet at Capitol City (Name? It was adjacent to the check-in desk) was terrific
It was one exception to the "expensive" nomenclature. I felt the $15.00 price for the wonderful breakfast was worth every penny. And the wait staff was very accommodating. The food at Champions was OK, but on the first night, I ordered a pulled pork sandwich, and was served a huge plate of what looked like a Chicken Fried Pork meal. But, it was tasty, so I ate it without complaint. The atmosphere in Champions was very comfortable. The view from our room was not all that good, but I seldom spend much time looking out the window of my hotel when I travel. Again, the room was clean and comfortable. What more could one ask for?
I can't think of anything to complain about. Our stay was very pleasant, and I would not mind staying there again in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us during the Super Bowl week! I am happy you had a nice experience. It was a fun week for our hotel and our city. Having the Giants stay with us that week just added to the experience.

We hope you stay with us next time you come to Indy.
River Edge, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

This Marriott had the smallest rooms ever! The place was spotless and well kept, however being 4 people in a double/double room we were on top of each other. The location was excellent because you could walk to restaurants, shopping and bars. The hotel had a great sports bar as well. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The walls were paper thin.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors which have been recently renovated
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry the room felt small for you having four people in your guest room.

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Indianapolis.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Full disclosure here, I booked this room through Priceline for $67/night.

I was in town to attend the NFL Experience preceding the Super Bowl. The hotel does not offer airport shuttle service but the Indy Go green line will deliver you to a stop directly across the street from the hotel for $7 one way.
Upon arrival I learned the New York Giants were staying at the hotel. This provided for celebrity viewing but was well handled by the hotel and security staffs. It did not cause any problem for hotel guests that I could tell.
Check in was very smooth and fast. The front desk staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. I stayed on a 7th floor room with a view of the alley behind the hotel. I did see a view of Lucas Oil Stadium at the very edge of the window. The room was nicely sized with two double beds. Plenty of room to walk around with two people in the room. The bathroom was nice sized and very clean. This was the cleanest hotel room I have stayed in in awhile.
The hotel is connected to the convention center by sky walk and can be accessed without going outdoors.
I ate at both restaurants in the hotel. both were over priced with average to good food.
I had a great stay at this Marriott. It is centrally located for all downtown Indianapolis activities, very clean and comfortable. My biggest complaint is the food prices. This is not a problem however as there are dozens of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank RGD64
Thank you for staying with us and I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and our staff! It was a fun week having the Giants stay with us and I am happy you were able to be part of the experience.

We hope to see you again in the future.