“Pre Christmas 🎄 out of town dinner 🥘 ”
Review of Scotty's Brewhouse

Scotty's Brewhouse
Ranked #339 of 2,449 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

We came to Indy to pick up a motorcycle. Stayed at the Best Western so they were very close and we could walk. The craft beer is really good. The food was good and the service was good too.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Traditional wings are the best item on the menu. I enjoyed the waffle fries and salad to round out a perfect pub dinner!

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

I did an online order which I'll say is really convenient. Order was ready in the time expected. When I got back to my hotel room to eat it, whoever bagged the food wasn't smart enough to put a lid on the condiment container. So by the time I got to my room, my soft pretzels were soggy and the dipping cheese was all over the to go container. I guess it was too much to assume that they'd put a lid on a container that contained liquid.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

This restaurant screams bring in new management. We haven’t been here before but figured it wouldn’t be too bad late on a Sunday night. Our hostess told us it was a 15 minute wait even though we could see an entire room devoid of customers. I shrugged and sat down and assumed it was because we were with our son (13). A group of four adults came in behind us and were immediately seated so I took that as confirmation. After waiting for a few minutes our hostess said she was going to look and see if any tables were open. She came back and said there was an opening and took us to our booth. Best part is we walked past 3 open tables directly on our route and I could see 3 more open tables in the same area. The kicker is that the group of adults that came in after us were seated directly behind us. Not in the bar area, not over the divider, directly behind us. I’m confused.

After sitting for 10 minutes waiting for a waitress to notice us I’ve come to the conclusion they don’t assign tables to waitresses, have no way to track tables as far as being used or not, and just generally don’t seem to be very organized at all.

So we finally got a waitress that asked if anyone had taken our drink orders. I had time to look at reviews and notes that the sweet tea was mentioned as being very good. Not sure what that’s about, boring and watered down, not appealing at all. This place is Pepsi, so I got a water (not served unless you ask).

Can’t emphasize how much time we had to kill. So I could see the issues. Nobody was bussing tables. A table next to us sat with dirty dishes for 30 minutes before being cleaned. The waitress that finally talked to us wasn’t the same one that took our order. Disorganized and confusing. They all kept apologizing over and over about how slow the service was since they were so busy. But they weren’t. So the apologies didn’t sit well with me. If 75% or more of the tables were full I’d accept it. But they weren’t. Keep in mind the front room was totally empty so I’d estimate they were at 40% capacity on a Sunday night after a Colts home game. Not busy. Like at all.

I used the restroom and it’s very nice, clean and well stocked. Located just off the empty room up front toward the back. A tribute to how I busy it was is how clean the bathroom was.

Their WiFi is horrendous. TripAdvisor kept freezing up so I turned the WiFi up and ran off LTE. Much better.

Again, we had lots of time on our hands. So I got time to look around. Our silverware was rolled up in a microfiber towel. Curious. But they were highly absorbent and useful. The open ceiling concept makes every single noise in here seem much louder than it really is. Lots of echoes and clanking.

I got up and walked to one of the empty tables to grab a drink menu. It appears they have a great selection of cocktails and feature their own Maker’s Mark private selection that I really thought about trying. But as the evening wore on I just kept getting more and more irritated so figured alcohol wasn’t a good idea.

At the 50 minute mark food showed up. And it was good. I got the fiesta chicken (grilled chicken breasts drowned in nacho cheese, very good) my wife got the ribs (the bourbon sauce was amazing, the ribs themselves a bit chewy but still good) and my son got a chicken wrap. All very good, but the service woes continued. No knives were offered (chicken breasts were whole) so cutting with the butter knives that came wrapped in the microfiber towels had to make due because our waitress disappeared. The ribs were chewy enough that they had to be cut so I finally had to give my wife my pocket knife to get through them. And my glass of tea sat empty for half of my meal (water was empty before food arrived).

So the food made the trip but we absolutely will not be back and totally regret coming here in the first place. We left an hour and 45 minutes after arriving.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We waited for a table for a group of 9. We were not thrilled to be put in a location right next to a play area. Sadly, the large group with several children just allowed them to run wild. They were very loud and out of control. Despite the manager and waitresses asking them to quiet down and all it never improved. We felt sorry for the restaurant workers. The food was good and we will try again!