“Not impressed”

Los Chilaquiles
Ranked #904 of 2,412 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 March 2015

Was expecting something great, but it was just OK. We arrived about 6:15pm and were the only people there. The cheese dip was very good- but how do you mess that up? I ordered the beef chilaquiles and my husband got a pork chimichanga. The pork was tender and the portion of beans/rice on the side were very small. The presentation of the chilaquiles was very nice and appetizing. However, the flavor of the dish wasn't very good. I ate only a few bites. The service was great. I don't think we will return.

1  Thank philangie6370

Reviewed 11 January 2015

This is a unique Mexican restaurant that really cares about making the customer satisfied. The Chilaquiles dish the place is named for comes in over ten varieties and is basically tortilla chips with a meat and a sauce. They are very tasty and if they're not what you're looking for, there's plenty of other things to choose from on the huge menu. It seems like all the best types of Mexican entrees are featured, from massive burritos to the classic taco. This inviting and dynamic restaurant is sure to please every taste with scrumptious food and pleasant service.

Reviewed 28 September 2014

Im a mexican american citizen who just recently moved up to indiana from el paso tx. I can say that i have yet to find a traditional mexican restaurant. Most of these "so called" mexican restaurants arent even close to being traditional 100% mexican. I really want to know if their really is a 100% mexican restaurant up in indy? Honestly, if you have been to el paso tx, you will agree with me, and if you havent, please google mexican restaurants in el paso. And im sure you will want to fly down to taste the real traditional mexican food. For starters, salsas have to be spicy, and when i say spicy im saying "please remove the tomaotoes off of the salsa and add more serranos and jalapenos. Second, in el paso. Tamales arent $45 a dozen. We sell them for $15 or less. And are very spicy. Please let me know if i can find something real up here. Stop americanizing real mexican food. We eat spicy and i do mean spicy food.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

At first we didn't know what to expect, due to tinted windows on the outside, but once you step inside the place looks awesome. Service was quick and food delicious.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The food tasted great.I had chicken quesadillas for an appetizer and tilapia fillets with rice and fries for an entree..The only thing I didn't like was that they did not have ketchup bottle but packets of ketchup.What is up with that?Also had gnats flying around table.
My mother had the chicken burrito and it was perfect.I had the fried ice cream for dessert and it was so delicious.I hope next time I go they have ketchup bottles and no gnats.The food is well worth the trip.