“Fast, good and cheap”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 14 March 2017

This place has good food at a very reasonable price and it is ready very fast. They give you samples to try which is great if you are not sure what you are looking for. This place is like a Chipotles except cajun.

1  Thank Gearguy55

Reviewed 16 February 2017

I like the atmosphere more than the food. Its a funky fun place. The staff is very nice too. The food is inexpensive. Its just not that delicious. My friend had the Gumbo which was ok. It wasnt bad, it just wasnt good enough to go back for. I had the drunk shrimp, which was barely edible. I had read so many good reviews I expected better. The shrimp dish tasted like vinegar. Very strong vinegar. I realize this is a college hangout, but the kitchen cook, or chef doesnt have a degree. I worked in a cajun creole resturant, and while it was a bit more upscale, quite a bit actually, the flavors were very different. Neither the gumbo nor the shrimp tasted anything like the cooking of New Orleans. Not spicy, not flavorful. So, I disagree with the other reviews, and I would not go back.

1  Thank rob788
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Love this place! Staff is great and always friendly. Ambiance is laid back and fun and the food is great. Chili cheese is my favorite but I love them all. They will give you samples to try before you order a whole plate. Garlic bread is to die for. The owner is frequently in and is a hoot and a great host, reminds me of Cramer on Seinfeld. He was a rather big named chef in New Orleans and it shows because he has rave reviews everywhere he opens a restaurant. The price is best part, in and out for about 8.50 with a drink and that includes all the hot sauce you care to load on and they have plenty to choose from, my favorite being the crystal. Could not recommend any higher.

1  Thank 623russellr
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love this place; good food and extremely nice employees! Their vegetarian options are always on point. The B&B is a must try.
Pro tip: always get extra bread

1  Thank Ahelgesen
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

I love this place!! Parking is difficult but once you get inside you won't be disappointed. Portions are large and the price is low. Their bread is amazing but the heart of this place are their etouffees! I have tried the chili cheese and the spinach and mushroom both are super good. Their jambalaya won't leave you hungry and it is so tasty. You can spice it up with many different add in or sauces they have in house. Handicap accessible with bit indoor and put door dining. They will allow you to taste anything before you buy it so make sure try some things!!

1  Thank juliebfromindy