“Above Average Fast Food”
Review of Mr Gyro's

Ranked #904 of 2,455 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 23 February 2015

Mr Gyro's appears to be an independent fast gyro spot with an almost bewildering array of options ranging from gyros to burgers to Italian sandwiches, sausages and fried fish. They also have chicken, salads, and burritos! Sides include what you'd expect from a Greek place (pita bread, feta) and a bunch of stuff that doesn't (fried okra, hush puppies, corn dogs and nachos). In short, this is a non-chain, jack-of-all-trades, fast food place. You order at the counter for reasonably priced meals ($6-8) or sandwiches ala carte ($4-6). Our gyros were huge (we could have split one) and the soup of the day homemade, tasty, generous and cheap ($1.45 for a pint).

The ambiance was minimal and the service matter of fact, but a great option for families that can't agree on where to eat as there's something for everyone. Probably about 3 minutes off I-465 or I-65 so a good option if you're driving through Indy and looking for an alternative to Mickey D's. We went in to sit down, but they also take orders and have a drive-through though I'd recommend ordering in advance.

1  Thank Workingindymom

Reviewed 7 January 2015 via mobile

Mr. Gyro is a Westside staple of Indianapolis with very, very good food. The menu is bountiful ranging from of course Gryo to Rib Tips with daily specials. I usually call in my order and it is always ready when I arrive which you can pick up via drive thru. My favorites are #56 and the pizza puffs (children love it). When you visit make sure you grab something off the menu that you have never had before I guarantee you will love it.

2  Thank Imani E
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I go at least once a month, always HOT, FRESH, and VERY TASTY food. Little ran down, but the cost and the great food, easy to look past! Family friendly and Tzatziki Sauce is 5 stars, best I had. I get the Chicken gyro and it is FRESH chicken cubes not pasty weird meat. My husband gets a true gyro and LOVES the spice mix, FULL of FLAVOR and VERY TASTY!

1  Thank mrsheminger
Reviewed 9 November 2013

It is easy to miss this place as one heads north on 38th Street, but it's well worth a stop for a quick meal or family dining. Nothing fancy, counter service, and just a variety of goodies such as authentic gyros, chicken wings,burgers, hot dogs, seafood, practically anything for everyone at a reasonable price, cooked to order! I was amazed, the food was good! And pizza puffs? You can order by number, and I counted over 150+ different combos/selections. No tipping, just great eating!

2  Thank Jo P
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I eat here about once a week for Lunch. I really like the Gyro and the Steak Sandwich. Portions are good sized. I often have to leave a little. Naaa - I just full. I like the pop/soda selection. I often get orange Fanta. Bathrooms are just exceptable. They do a lot of driver thru business.

1  Thank Ken E