“Wow. Been looking for a place like this”
Review of Mr Gyro's

Ranked #904 of 2,454 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

I've lived in Indiana for 21 years and this is the first time I found a real Greek hole in the wall place. Great gyros, Chicago dogs, French fries, etc.... It is a hole in the wall and atmosphere is lousy. But the food is worth it. Priced well too. Have eaten there 5 times in last 10 days

Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

Was recamended by a few friends, went inside the store was dirty and the guy cutting the gyro had a cold and was cough and sneezing constantly so we did not even eat the food and never came back.

Reviewed 23 February 2015

Mr Gyro's appears to be an independent fast gyro spot with an almost bewildering array of options ranging from gyros to burgers to Italian sandwiches, sausages and fried fish. They also have chicken, salads, and burritos! Sides include what you'd expect from a Greek place (pita bread, feta) and a bunch of stuff that doesn't (fried okra, hush puppies, corn dogs and nachos). In short, this is a non-chain, jack-of-all-trades, fast food place. You order at the counter for reasonably priced meals ($6-8) or sandwiches ala carte ($4-6). Our gyros were huge (we could have split one) and the soup of the day homemade, tasty, generous and cheap ($1.45 for a pint).

The ambiance was minimal and the service matter of fact, but a great option for families that can't agree on where to eat as there's something for everyone. Probably about 3 minutes off I-465 or I-65 so a good option if you're driving through Indy and looking for an alternative to Mickey D's. We went in to sit down, but they also take orders and have a drive-through though I'd recommend ordering in advance.

1  Thank Workingindymom
Reviewed 7 January 2015 via mobile

Mr. Gyro is a Westside staple of Indianapolis with very, very good food. The menu is bountiful ranging from of course Gryo to Rib Tips with daily specials. I usually call in my order and it is always ready when I arrive which you can pick up via drive thru. My favorites are #56 and the pizza puffs (children love it). When you visit make sure you grab something off the menu that you have never had before I guarantee you will love it.

2  Thank Imani E
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I go at least once a month, always HOT, FRESH, and VERY TASTY food. Little ran down, but the cost and the great food, easy to look past! Family friendly and Tzatziki Sauce is 5 stars, best I had. I get the Chicken gyro and it is FRESH chicken cubes not pasty weird meat. My husband gets a true gyro and LOVES the spice mix, FULL of FLAVOR and VERY TASTY!

1  Thank mrsheminger