“Hole-in-the-Wall with Mexican food and house-made ice cream”
Review of Chris's Ice Cream

Chris's Ice Cream
Ranked #25 of 58 Dessert in Indianapolis
Reviewed 30 April 2017

I am giving 5 because of the value for the quality of the food. This stretch of 86th St in the Nora area has many national fast-food and fast-casual chains. Chris's is a local, hole-in-the-wall just off the Monon Trail that offers great, inexpensive Mexican food and house-made ice cream.

The tacos are simple and excellent--2 corn tortillas, grilled chunks of meat (not ground), with cilantro and onions on top, and a lime wedge on the side. Hot (and they really are hot) sauces on the side, in squeeze bottles so you can put on a little or a lot to taste. Retried beans, rice, tortas, and enchiladas are offered. For the less adventurous, cheese quesadillas, chicken fingers, and French fries are available. The house-made ice cream comes in conventional and a few unusual flavors, but the corn ice cream is no longer available. Mexican sodas are available.

Ambiance is hole-in-the-wall. There is a TV turned to Spanish language channels.

You order at the counter and the servers bring your food. The servers are very friendly.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Chris's Ice Cream- right off of the Monon Trail, is an undiscovered gem!
I don't know why they are promoted for ice cream- they should talk about their Mexican food: authentic & delicious!
My husband gets their steak tacos & steak burrito.
I get the pork burrito.
The staff is super friendly & brings out your food after ordering with all the needed sauces.
There isn't fountain soda, only in bottles- our favorite.
The bathrooms are clean as well.

2  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

My brother called me and said, "Meet me at Chris' Tacos," and I was like, of course! I love tacos. He sent me the address and it was Chris' Ice Cream, so at first I was confused. We got there and it for sure is an ice cream place and near everything's in Spanish. That's how I knew I was in for a treat. We ordered six tacos and a steak burrito. It was all amazing! The corn tortillas are fresh and handmade. The tacos were as good as when we were in Mexico. The burrito was huge. Get a pile of tacos, squeeze the lime on and the green sauce. You will upvote this review once you understand.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

This is more of a Mexican quick sandwich place that also has ice cream. The ice cream was good, but the ambiance was a bit distracting.

Reviewed 7 November 2015

I'm sure the food is great (it certainly smelled divine when I walked in) but I wanted the homemade ice cream. It had been recommended to me and it turned out to be better than I expected. I had no idea ice cream could be this flavorful and creamy. It didn't taste overly sugary, either, like most ice cream I am used to. I appreciate the samples, which helped me make a choice. Pistachio this time, and return for the Rum Raisin. I suspect all flavors are good - since I only live once, I think I might try them all. Highly recommended.