“Great ice cream”

South Bend Chocolate Company
Ranked #12 of 58 Dessert in Indianapolis
Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

We stopped here for a quick ice cream cone. Very large servings and quite good. You can't go wrong, especially if the day is warm.

Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

This shop is on the circle and very convenient to the surrounding attractions. Prices are higher than average, but then you have to add in the location. Real estate in downtown Indy can be expensive the closer you get to the center circle. What stood out most about one of our visits was when we bought a Daisy sucker for our child. Hannah was one of 3 people working (that we could see). The sucker was $3.99, tax was .36 cents. Total bill was $4.35. After we paid Hannah was nice enough to shake the tip jar at me...a "gentle" reminder tips are appreciated. Now, I guess I could have left the customary 20 percent tip which equals 8 cents (I don't tip on tax), but then this is not a real service based industry like a restaurant. These individuals are get full minimum wage if not higher due to the downtown location.

My only suggestion / complaint is to get rid of the tip jar and stop insulting your customers. I would have given this establishment 4 stars if it wasn't for the shaking of the tip jar.

What comes next....a tip jar at Taco Bell or McDonald's.

Bottom line: The South Bend Chocolate Company is still worth a visit if you have a sweet tooth.

2  Thank Z-Foodie69
Reviewed 5 June 2015

gotta stop by here after dinner!! its worth the walk, well, not really very long walk, its right in downtown area. Great place!!

Reviewed 6 May 2015

Nestled in the middle of downtown, is this quaint little Chocolate shop although there is nothing little about it. The front of the shop is all different types of homemade chocolates and fudge where you are likely to get a sample of something yummy. As you walk towards the back it opens up into an old fashion ice cream parlor/café. There is everything your little sweet tooth can desire.

One of the highlights about the place is the staff. There were two young gentleman handling the whole store who were sweet, polite and very helpful. (I’d probably love my job too being around all those delights!)

The chocolate is delicious. Also try one of their beverages, I personally love anything with cherry in it and had to try the cherry hot chocolate which hit the spot on a chilly night. Best part about this place, their open late! If you happen to be in the area of this little shop of delight, definitely drop by for a little chocolate, coffee or ice cream. This would definitely be a frequented meet up spot for me if I lived in the area.

Reviewed 14 December 2014

This is a great place for any kind of chocolate treat that you want. They have a large selection and lots of variety. They have all kind of malted milk balls and various kinds of packaged chocolates too. They also have ice cream and several good cakes. I tried the carrot cake and it was quite good. If you are down at the Circle, stop in and try something. Very popular place!