All reviewsfull kitchenfree shuttleshuttle servicesuite hotelmajor surgeryfront deskmini storenice kitchenwashers and dryersstove tophave stayed here many timesgreat roomextended staynight stayrooms were very cleanlucas oil stadiumi highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

My daughter had a transplant at IU hospital. I came to Indianapolis to visit her while she was recovering in the hospital. I was given the hotel information because it was highly recommended to my son in law by the hospital. The room was nice, large and clean. All the employees I encountered were also pleasant. I had a four day stay and I decided to cut my stay short after I experienced and disturbing situation with the shuttle driver Russell. It was the afternoon of 6/4. I was picked up from the hospital and there were a bunch of foreign exchange students from the zoo. Upon me departing the shuttle I made a comment that those kids must be very smart to get this opportunity. Russell then said yes and the girls were pretty. I didn’t say anything and another passenger said something and Russell said try restraining yourself living in the same building with the young pretty girls. I then asked if he lived there and he said he was the manager that lived on property. I was just disturbed by the comment he made about having to restrain himself from the young pretty girls. I just thought it was highly inappropriate for a manger to say something like that about a guest at his hotel. I then contacted another hotel and made a reservation. I will not be staying at this location again. I have grandchildren the age of some of those young ladies. I know I’m an old man from a different generation, but I read the news. The Me Too movement is just not a fad. He should respect them as women and as guests of the hotel. Those kids didn’t deserve those comments to be made. They are obviously very intelligent to have this experience. I will be contacting the hospital and the management of this location to discuss the situation that has been weighing heavily on my mind.

Stayed: June 2018
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

ChuckOSU,

I am very sorry, as well as embarrassed, for your recent experience while staying with us. The comments made were certainly ill-advised on my shuttle driver's part, and upon receipt of this review, were immediately discussed with him. I will similarly be using this situation for training purposes with my hotel staff on how comments, even meant in jest, can be perceived as offensive. These International guests have been with us for a while now and can assure you that they are treated with respect by my entire staff, even so much as being considered as part of our hotel family.

Again, you have my sincerest apologies for this recent event.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

The room was great the hotel was quiet. But the only bad things were the elevators were super slow and the front desk wasn't manned. I needed the front desk to check in and out and had to wait 15 mins both times

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank William D
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

William D,

We appreciate your recent patronage, as well as providing some feedback from this stay. We are looking into the issues associated with your check-in/out.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

The suites we had were wonderful. They were spacious, with great kitchens and counter space, nice hallway with closets, large bedroom with nice closet as well. Bathroom was fine, with sink in its own cubby area outside the bathroom. All was clean. Note: no oven in the kitchen but there was a range and microwave and nice-sized frig. The hallways were a bit dark as with all hotels these days. Front desk courteous and helpful. There was a wonderful courtesy van service to wherever you wanted to go downtown, University, anywhere nearby. We did not use the gym. Parking was plentiful. There are no shops in walking distance, so you need to use the van or drive your own car.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

J T,

Thank you for your recent patronage, and providing a very thorough review for future hotel guests. I am very pleased that you had a positive experience with us and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Stayed here for 5 nights - friendly staff, super super clean, very quiet, very large and comfy rooms, well stocked kitchens, and easy transportation (only on the hour to go someplace, but worked well).

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

ColoradoKat343,

We greatly appreciate your recent patronage, as well as providing some feedback to future guests. Very happy to hear that your five days with us was an enjoyable experience. Many first-time patrons are often stunned by the size of our guest rooms, ranging from 496-900sq ft, which rival many first time apartments. The building was originally constructed in 1964/65, of all steel and concrete construction, which really deadens potential noise between rooms/floors. Unfortunately, given the coverage area of the hotel's shuttle, as well as potential traffic factors, can often have the shuttle our for nearly an hour between the scheduled hourly runs.

Again, we appreciate your staying with us and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again, should you return to the Indianapolis area.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

After booking an economy hotel in a seedy part of town, my sister recommend this as an alternative. In less than an hour, I was booked and confirmed! Great room, a kitchen with dishes and utensils (no oven but it did have a microwave). Comfortable furniture and nice TVs, convenient to downtown, and free laundry! Absolutely wonderful!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank GREGORY D
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Gregory D,

Thank you for providing some feedback from your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. If you should return to the area again, hope that you choose our property for your accommodation needs.