“Love the Mussels Provencal”
Review of Brugge Brasserie

Brugge Brasserie
Ranked #199 of 2,417 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 13 July 2016

I've been to Brugge many times over the years and I think the atmosphere is unique and intimate, the staff are so nice, and the food is amazing.

My fiancé and I share most of our meals together because we have found that we can never finish our meals when we order separately. So, to share, we ordered Moules Frites Provencal (which is Mussels with the sauce made of butter, shallot, herbs de provence, garlic, wine). This order is two pounds of mussels plus French fries. The one order of mussels and fries completely filled us up. We ended up loving the Provencal sauce, that came with the mussels, so much that we ordered two extra loaves of bread, to sop up the sauce, over the course of our dinner.

Brugge is also well known for their dipping sauces for their French fries (frites). We ordered two sauces (1) Poplar Syrup and French Dijon and (2) Homemade Ketchup. We ended up loving the Poplar Syrup and French Dijon and ate the majority of that. We had ordered the Homemade Ketchup just in case we did not like the Poplar Syrup and French Dijon, and it turned out that we both tried the Ketchup one time and then never touched it again because we loved the Poplar Syrup and French Dijon so much.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

This place is remarkable! The menu is varied, delicious and fun.

The mahi-mahi, hummus, nachos, salmon, and tacos were yummilicious.

I highly recommend visiting this place. The staff are friendly, laid back and highly competent. Food quality is of the highest I've seen. Prices are more than fair.

Enjoy!!!

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Moules at Brugge Brassiere with great beer. One of my favorite places to visit in Broad Ripple. Great setting with good service. Have had the same server the last three visits. We enjoy the Triple de Ripple brew.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

This funky, intimate space nestled in a hip area of the city, was a surprising delight. Two colleagues and I went there while on business in Indy. The brews and frittes are the focal point of the restaurant and the fries alone can make the experience. The restaurant offers a wide variety of fritte dipping sauces from roasted garlic to herb pesto. They brew their own Belgian beer and have a lively bar scene to experience while waiting for a table. The menu was fun, the staff was super friendly, and we were able to enjoy a lovely meal seated outside. It's located in a neighborhood called Broad Ripple Village, a short drive from downtown. Next time I'm in Indy, I will definitely dine here again.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

If you are a fan of mussels cooked in delicious sauces then this is your jam. (I have actually had nothing, but the mussels from this place!) My friend, and I often eat here, and share the Moules Frites- our personal favorite sauces are the Red Curry, Chili, Belgian Classic, & Provencal. The pomme frites are amazing, as is their sauce selection-roasted garlic aioli! Great place for date night, small groups, and food sharing (if you would like!). It can be a little crowded dining downstairs and I've always had to wait for a table, but it's worth it. Great beer list, good wine list, & no hard alcohol.