I stayed in a Club floor room at the Sheraton Louisville Riverside for Thunder over Louisville this past April and had a fantastic stay there.
Check-in was very quick and the woman checking me in was very friendly. Actually, everyone was very friendly throughout the hotel, from the bar tender to the lounge attendant to the cleaners.
The lobby was very nice and roomy and looked like a "private club."
The room was very clean and in very good condition. It had 2 double beds, an oversized desk with a 32" LCD TV, and a single chair with a table by the huge window.
The bathroom was modern and of average size but more importantly very clean.
The Club was also great with enough seats and large screen TV. The breakfast there was more than sufficient and was almost the same as the buffet breakfast they had in the lobby. The hors d'oeuvres in the evening were a nice touch and delicious.
Some (minor) negatives:
- Hotel rates were sky high because of Thunder over Louisville (one of the most expensive in Louisville) and a minimum stay of 2 night was required (most hotels in downtown Louisville actually require this for Thunder over Louisville).
- Did not receive a printout of the schedule for Thunder over Louisville (received one the previous year)
- The toilet seat could not stay open at all (this is actually the only real complaint that bothered me)
I would go as far to say that the Sheraton Louisville Riverside is actually a hidden gem in the Louisville area. After having stayed at the Galt House and the Marriot in downtown Louisville, the Sheraton is definitely the better hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel is located on the riverside in Jeffersonville, Indiana. The hotel offers beautiful views of downtown Louisville skyline and the Ohio River. The Sheraton's complimentary shuttle service connects to downtown Louisville museums, restaurants, and 4th Street Live. The hotel is only 10 miles from Louisville International Airport (SDF). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.