“Lovely outdoor experience for the family”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Judbury
Horse-Haven Farmstay
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
“Lovely outdoor experience for the family”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We spent two nights at Horse Haven Farmstay in the middle of a Tassie Winter. I travelled with my husband and three daugters aged 8, 6 and 2.

We hoped to give our children a weekend in the outdoors and some new experiences without having to travel too far from Hobart and we weren't disappointed. The kids loved walking around the property, playing hide and seek among the trees and the space to run and explore while still having a warm bath and a comfy bed in the cosy cottage at night. The cottage had kids movies, lovely books and games, perfect for when the little ones (and Mum and Dad!) needed a rest. Breakfast was delicious and facilities clean and adequate for us to prepare our other meals.

The kids adored Conny the host and were eager and welcome to join her feeding the animals, collecting eggs and milking the goat, having their first taste of goat's milk. Highlights were sitting by the bonfire Conny built for us toasting marshmellows and, of course, the girls will not stop talking about the gorgeous ponies Coco and Patchy. It was great that the children not only rode the ponies but took part in the care, feeding, brushing and learning how to tack them as well as having an introduction to natural horsemanship suited to the age of the kids. Even our little 2 year old was thrilled to have a little pony ride!

We hope we can visit again one day. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Business
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My partner surprised me with a weekend away for my birthday and we both had a wounderful time away from our busy life styles. Our accomadation was rustic but very comfortable, amazingly clean and offered us the flexability of being self contained. We were welcomed with freshly baked strudle (yum!) and a warm room even thought we'd changed our arrival time twice. The cottage was tucked away amongst trees and had lovely private bush/garden views that in spring I imagine would be even more spectacular. We enjoyed a trail through the local hills on some very reliable horses and as novice riders felt well suported by Connie who provided us with calm, positive and clear instructions. She also recommended a fantastic restaurant in Franklin that served amazing thai food yet also a great steak. I left feeling relaxed and rested yet energised by the honest, organic and hard working vibe this property and it's wounderful host exuded. I would recommend this lovely time out to both couples and families.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My husband, two daughters and I had a fantastic time at Horse-haven farm stay in April. The cottage was clean, charming and comfortable. The kids were able to help Connie feed the goats, chucks and horses. They even got to milk one of the goats. If you're there I would recommend doing a horseback ride. Bennie and Connie do a wonderful job with their horses. The girls were thrilled to ride and enjoyed every moment. I also went on a longer trail ride which was fantastic. We had a wonderful time and the girls have been asking when we can visit the farm again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2013

My partner and I, and two boys aged 7 and 13 spent three nights at Horse Haven in January. It was a comfortable, restful and relaxing place to be. We spent a memorable morning exploring the creek at the bottom of the property, went for some gorgeous drives to some local secrets shared by Connie, milked goats, purchased delicious bread and cherries from local farms and bakeries and curled up in front of the fire with some good books. Connie was a kind, respectful, welcoming and hospitable host. My partner went on a ride with Connie and Bennie and was 100% delighted with the experience. The longer we stayed the more the place grew on us and we would have no hesitation recommending it. We would love to return again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My husband and I, along with our two small children, thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay at Horse Haven Farmstay. We found the log cabin to be very clean, homely and cozy - exactly what we pictured and what the website shows. It was small, but had everything we needed and its coze atmosphere only added to our experience. Our children had a great time feeding the chickens, looking at the rabbits, patting the horses and goats, looking for eggs, and exploring the gardens. On our first day we were greeted with freshly baked blueberry muffins - a lovely extra touch. My horse ride was lovely through the hills with Connie. Horse Haven farmstay is not 5 stars, but it is a lovely rustic, honest, clean, cozy, farmstay and we would visit certainly visit again if we travelled back to Tasmania.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Been to Horse-Haven Farmstay? Share your experiences!