“New look and new menu”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Great steaks and so-so crab cakes. The crab cake pic is better than the real thing. Too much filler. The wedge salad (an up charge) is very good. Great service.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

We had decided at the last minute to go out to dinner,majority rules we dined here.We had no wait. Our server was great ,we followed he recommendation and had a great dinnef

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Being a Purdue grad, I don't normally frequent the chains in Lafayette or W. Lafayette as I have my favorite hangouts. But one in our party was really wanting to to Outback. I figured we would have to wait a long time on the Friday before Homecoming, but we were seated right away! A party of 6! Our server was great! I'm not really a big fan of Outback steaks in general and I definitely stay away from that blooming heart attack onion. But my rib-eye was the best steak I have ever had at an Outback!! The veggies were steamed perfectly and the potato cooked just right. Everyone in our party had a great meal.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Let me break this down into categories so that you can more easily understand our experience.

1. Wait time - We were initially told that it would take about 20 minutes for a table to open up for us. We were surprised to be seated within about 15 minutes.

2. Took a while for our server to bring our drinks. She placed our order for an appetizer, which arrived in a reasonable amount of time. My wife's salad arrived shortly after that, but we still did not have an silverware or napkins. It took about 10 minutes to find our waitress again, and several more minutes before she was able to bring us silverware and napkins. She stated that she had to roll them as they did not have any prepared.

3. Our appetizer was the Blooming Onion. This was a let-down as well. It was overcooked on one side, and still a raw onion on the other side. Not sure how they managed this, but we were only able to eat a small portion that was somewhat cooked, but not overdone.

4. When we opened our silverware, we discovered that both of the cloth napkins were stained and one of my wife's forks was rather dirty. (see attached pictures)

5. Our food took a little longer than I would have liked, but it was served rather hot. I had the salmon, which was very tasty. It did not look like the picture in the menu, which showed the salmon topped with several strips of bacon. Mine had one strip. Guess they are saving money! The baked potato was very dry, but extra butter and sour cream solved this problem. My wife's steak was over-cooked. In fact, it was so overcooked that she could not eat one end of the steak because it was just a hard, charred brick. She ordered it medium-well, but this went beyond even well-done.

Overall, this was a very disappointing experience. I would certainly expect far better from a restaurant with prices in the range of Outback. Our future visits to local restaurants will not include Outback.

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

We hate that this was your experience. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Lafayette, IN". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline
Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Smelled like a public restroom and it was so off-putting my wife and I left before a waiter came to take our drink orders. Luckily we are not from the area.