“Not impressed ”

Add it.
Mt Fuji Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #164 of 252 Restaurants in Lafayette
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

I love to go to resistors like this but unfortunately this one is not the one I will return to. Japanese steakhouses is the only place I will eat a shrimp appetizer. The shrimp here was not fresh at all. The rice at times was crunchy I don't know if it was from the egg or just old rice. This was a bummer because now I will have to travel am hour to enjoy a hibachi grill ):

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Food was ok but it all tasted about the same. We had egg shells in our rice. The waitress and chef both acted like they didn't really want to be there. We will not come back.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

This is a Japanese Steakhouse. If you don't know what that means, you sit around a grill in the middle of the room with a total of 6-8 seats. So if you go as a couple you'll be seated with people you don't know. Then the Japanese chef comes out and dinner preparation is a show. He cooks right in front of you and talks and jokes the whole time. He even flips food around in the air for entertainment. So, if all that sounds fun, go ahead and go, but beware that it is not a discount restaurant by any means. It's fairly expensive, and you're paying for the show. The quantity of food doesn't justify the price, but the quality of the food and the presentation might make it worth it. You should try it at least once. It is fun.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

We tend to visit with family, especially kids, but always enjoy the fresh, well prepared food. I've never had a bad meal here, and we keep trying to remind ourselves that this is an excellent, healthy choice for just 2 of us.

Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

We've been coming here for years. The decor is dated but the chef's personality and skills not to mention the food more than compensate! Most meals come with soup and salad. The ginger dressing is great but I am obsessed with their soup. It's more of a broth but so good. I usually ask for a 2nd soup in place of the salad. As far as main entree....you can't go wrong. Kids especially love this place!!