“Great Prime Rib and atmosphere”
Review of Mountain Jack's

Mountain Jack's
Ranked #4 of 242 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Mountain Jack's has a cabin like atmosphere that is conducive to meetings of friends families and solos. The menu is diverse and excellent, specializing in prime rib. Highly recommended for travelers and locals. It is just east of interstate 65

1  Thank Cecil S

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Walked into this place expecting a sports bar type atmosphere, was pleasantly surprised by it's 5 star feel. My friends and I were definitely not dressed the part, but the staff treated us like VIPs and placed us next to the fireplace. The food was a bit pricey, but again it was so good that it felt like we were getting a bargain. I think I had something like 5 options for just my dinner salad and remarked to my buddies that usually a salad is just a salad no matter where you order it, but this place is the exception. You know that you are in for a treat when you are already raving about just the salad - lol. I ordered fish (forgot exactly what - tilapia?) and it was delicious. Stole some of my buddy's prime rib, and basically stuffed myself. I will for sure eat here again next time I'm in the area.

1  Thank FarmerChris
Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

This is one of my very favorite restaurants! Price wise, it is expensive, but you absolutely get what you pay for. The atmosphere is cozy; however, I suggest that you request a booth toward the front of the restaurant near the fireplace. They do take reservations. The tables in the back are not as intimate, and it is much noisier. Mountain Jack's gets an A+ from me.

1  Thank Susan L
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

I was delighted to discover that this restaurant still exists! Was in the city for the weekend & very much enjoyed the dining experience here. Mountain Jacks used to have locations in MI but pulled out several years ago (not sure why). Everything here is excellent (food & service) & just as I remember-even felt a bit nostalgic when I ordered the Tableside Salad (a must). The chef's special Pork Chop with Apple/Mango chutney, garlic mashed potatoes, & fresh green beans (perfectly al dente) did not disappoint; my husband had the prime rib, which was soooo tender-like butter! We left satiated & enjoyed the Turtle Cheesecake, which I highly recommend, later on in our hotel room. PLEASE return to MI, Mountain Jacks!

Reviewed 1 March 2016

Had dinner here on a Friday evening with 3 other people after making reservation a day ahead. Reservation process was well done. Quickly seated and initial service was very good. My ribeye steak was tough and laced with gristle. It was missing the Hollandaise Sauce that was to come on it. After eating about 1/2 the steak, the sauce was delivered ("ooh, I forgot!"). Next time I'll bring my own steak from Walmart and have the restaurant cook it. It would be better. A very nice restaurant but it's slipped a notch. Too bad!