“Hugeeee portions”

The Tick Tock Tavern
Ranked #177 of 254 Restaurants in Lafayette
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Description: The Tick Tock Tavern has been in the Conley Family for over 3 decades. It's maintained the original name since it was converted from a Cigar/Grocery Shop to a tavern in 1947 by the Bartholomew brothers. From that time on the business has "changed hands" 3 times, the first was George Stouffer then The Drysdales's, The Caster's, and the McTague's owned it together. In 1983, my father Tom Conley and Keith Lehmen purchased the business. They wanted to build upon an already strong reputation for great food, friendly service, and a family like atmosphere. In 1985 Tom Conley took sole ownership and continued to run the Tavern in the original location with his late wife and my mother Terre Conley until 2000. Due to the widening and renaming of Canal Rd. to North 9th St. the original building had to be demolished. The new location did not move far, we relocated just a few hundred feet behind the old one. Today Tom and I continue to operate the Tick Tock Tavern with newer faces maintaining the core values and traditions that have helped the business stand the test of time! Please enjoy the food, the drinks and our "At Home" atmosphere! I'll leave you with a favorite saying of my father; “Remember, there is always time for another at the Tick Tock!”
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

My family and I decided to try Tick Tock Tavern for breakfast this morning. People here rave about it. My husband and I both had the Tick Tock Shuffle which is hash browns, eggs, sausage, peppers, onions and cheese and we added gravy to it. It was good, not great. Would've been better with different cheese. The cheese was shredded cheese so it didn't have much flavor because there wasn't a lot. We got our food to go and each of the styrofoam containers weighed about 2 full pounds. There's seriously enough food for me and my husband to eat two meals each from ONE container. Anxious to try their lunch next!

Jason C, Owner at The Tick Tock Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Sarah,

Thank you for the kind words. I apologize for the late response. We just recently verified and claimed the business on this site. I hope you had a chance to try us for lunch! Please know we absolutely could and would love to accommodate you on different cheese options for your meals in the future. Simply ask and we will make sure it happens! We carry pepper jack, shredded cheddar, classic american, swiss, and shredded parmesan cheeses. Again thank you for your time and input! Please come back and see us soon!