All reviewshollywood casinotrain trafficnon smoking roomrising sunhotel parkingcut steakhouseplayers cardgreat casinoslot machinesgreat roomnice staycompsrailroadvaletindianaargosyshampoo
Reviewed 29 March 2018

My sister and I were taking our mom to the casino and a night in the hotel for her birthday celebration. We had also planned to take her to dinner at the steakhouse. To our disappointment, the steakhouse was closed along with several other restaurants. Our hotel room bathroom floor hadn't been cleaned and the toilet seat was loose. The girl that checked us in was very nice but it stops there. Hotel manager I spoke to was not helpful and did not represent the hotel in a professional way. Casino time was fun, but when we went to check out they charged us $100 more than what I was quoted. Again, management was not helpful. We will never return to that hotel!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2018

After my last experience here, I finally decided to take the plunge and give them another chance. My room was comped, but still had to pay the hideous resort fee of $10 plus tax, total $11.19. How they can charge this fee, is a mystery to me. They have nothing to offer. Oh, coffee, tea, and water in the lobby? And internet, too, I guess, but nothing else. You don't even have a coffeemaker, refrigerator or microwave in your room. I refuse to stay in a room next to the railroad tracks. Luckily, they put us in the wing, that has no elevators on 1st floor. Was content on the location. Room was cleaner than previous stay, but did find a fidget spinner on the floor up against the baseboard of the bed. The top sheets on the beds were stained, but could tell they had been washed. They passed my white glove test except there was a lot of dust on the lamps' lightbulbs. Has a nice large flat screened TV. Nice shower head in the bathroom. Drain didn't drain real fast, and toilet seat was loose. People at front desk were nice, but I bet they get tired of people complaining about the resort fee. It is absolutely ridiculous to charge it. They have nothing to offer to make it worthwhile.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

The club is always a great time! However if you don’t like standing the whole night then you need to get a booth rental of some kind. They include bottle service so it’s convenient and relaxing as well as lots of fun. The hotel room however was clean but smelled terrible and the hallway smelled like a nasty marijuana festival So for a group of non smokers this was a terrible experience. So make sure you’re specific and demand when booking that you get a non smoking room because the smoking rooms are VERY smoky. Over all a good fun time just smelled horrible.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Brandy R, Public Relations Manager at Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thanks for the review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip and have passed your feedback along to our management staff.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

The non smoking section of the casino isn't big at all. If you want to play black jack or the good slots you have to sit in smoking
I really think this casino needs to be non smoking so does hotel! I don't smoke and when my husband and I left we smelled like an ash tray. He has breathing problems and him being a former smoker couldn't take it anymore. Non smoking would be better for people with breathing problems. I guess we will go to Columbus next time or Miami valley

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna B
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Christmas present for my husband- Jamey Johnson tickets plus a weekend getaway without kids. Spent $425 for 2 nights. Shockingly was charged $9.95 resort fee. This is for Internet & coffee in the lobby. Rooms are out dated, no amenities-no coffee pots in room, very limited tv channels. Room was cleaned sparingly. Received a $10 food voucher to pass on room service-went to front desk for towels. We were in a non smoking room. Supposedly all smoking rooms are on one floor but smoke smell is through out hotel even with the citrus scented air freshner used. Laying in bed at night strong smoke odor enters the room. Staying on hotel & casino premises Friday-Sunday we ate at on site restaurants- 99 Hops & Epic Buffet. We enjoyed a decent pizza @ 99 Hops. We enjoyed the live music they provided on Friday night. We ate our lunch on Saturday at 99 Hops on Saturday. Service & food good. We had breakfast at the Epic buffet on Saturday. Poor selection & made to order omelet was burnt. Not worth the money at all. With our concert tickets we received the Epic Buffet for dinner on Saturday. Awful! Golden Corral is better. Poor selection- not many choices & cold. Not enough. Wait staff tried to fill drinks & clear dishes but it was very clear they were overwhelmed.
Over all- very expensive , not worth what was charged, needs updated & needs a deep cleaning. Internet & lobby coffee isn't worth "resort fee"- just an avenue to charge more money to customer. What is charged doesn't match the lack of quality in this hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple