“Was just ok”

Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Dockside riverboat casino offers up more than 74,000 square feet of casino gaming including 2,000 slots and 97 table games.
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Even though we won some money here we just weren’t too impressed with the place. My husband is a craps player and they had several tables open and all had a reasonable play limit. I am strictly a video poker and those goofy little 1 cent games but I couldn’t find my favorites so I played only video poker. We were there about 2 1/2 hours and will probably stop by again if in the area but definitely won’t make a trip just to go to this casino.

All reviews
"boogie nights"
in 17 reviews
"table games"
in 20 reviews
"self serve"
in 7 reviews
"to celebrate my birthday"
"slot machines"
in 26 reviews
"hops"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We decided to do an over night trip to here seems how it had been years since we had been here. We did not realize they got rid of the boat. The line for players club was ridiculously long. They had 2 people working it on a Sarurday night. The selection of games was lacking and the slots were not too loose. Next time we will just visit the Hollywood casino at home because we do not plan on ever going back to this one.

1  Thank james6764
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We have been to this casino a few times. We get free nights at the hotel. However we will definitely not come back. It was a Tuesday and although there were not many people gambling the smoke was unbearable. I didn’t realize that many people still smoke! I got a sinus infection that was awful and had to go to the doctor. We play table games so getting away from the smoke was impossible. Never again!!!!!

1  Thank Elks4563
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Too much smoke in the casino which is typical for casinos. There is a non-smoking area, but it is small and the smoke comes down from the floor above anyway as it is all open.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We took a stroll on the riverwalk and it ended at the hotel and casino. We went in to the hotel and found it to be very nice. It was tastefully decorated, clean and surprisingly no visible wear in the carpeting. There were a variety of restaurants and the 3rd floor brought us to the casino. We took our time viewing the various games and observing. It was early evening but the place was only about half full. The entire Las Vegas venue was available. There was only a $10.00 minimum bet on the CRAPS tables which I thought was very reasonable for Saturday night. We were there for half hour and continued our walk