“Family style Mexican restaurant”

Diego's Mexican Grill
Ranked #45 of 74 Restaurants in Madison
Reviewed 22 January 2018

This is a very nice family run and owned restaurant. It offers good quality fresh food including decent guacamole (could use more lime, cilantro and jalapeño) and fresh brewed sweet tea that was excellent and a bottomless cup! Food portions are good and all was very tasty. This is not gourmet Mexican food but rather family style Mexican. There is plenty of parking and the service was excellent. The interior design is a bit sparse and expected with just a few improvements could feel warmer to match the friendly staff at not feel quite so diner-ish. Overall though I would return again when I get a hankering for something from south of the border!

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I got a dinner with three different types of enchiladas. The enchiladas were so stuffed full of meat, I wasn't able to finish the rice and beans. I found the chips and salsa to only be so-so. Our waitress was very friendly and made helpful suggestions on what to order, while also making us laugh.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Pros: Large group of 7 seated without a wait. Drink orders taken/delivered quickly. Questions about menu items explained knowledgeably. Salsa and chips fresh and tasty. Food delivered quickly and hot.
Cons: They don't served rolled tacos, flautas, or taquitos (depending on where you are from they are called different names). They also made enchiladas with flour tortillas instead of corn so they were very doughy and pasty.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

On a scale of 1-10, the service was a 4, the prices were a 4, but the food taste was a 7. My meal was good, but I thought it was a little overpriced. I paid $14 bucks for a chicken quesadilla meal plus tip for bad service. I ate with a group of 5 friends, we all had separate tickets and all thought it was a little overpriced.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

While the exterior of the building looked a bit rough (taped, cracked windows), the food was excellent and more than made up for the first impression. They have a large selection and the meals we chose (chimichangas) were delicious. Would highly recommend this place!