“Holiday Party”

Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: INDIANA'S OLDEST TAVERN Serving our friends for over 178 years! Casual dining, lively, friendly atmosphere, in a historic setting. BBQ Ribs, Pasta, Steaks,more Live entertainment!
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We had our holiday party at the Broadway. We had a reservation, so they were expecting our group. The server came and took our drink orders. They came out very slowly. However, that was nothing compared to the food. It was almost an hour before they even took our food order. Then another 45 minutes before food started appearing. I had another engagement so I had to put my dinner in a box and leave. The food was good, but the wait time was ridiculous. I had a friend tell me the same thing happened to her in a party of two. They finally just gave up and walked out and went somewhere else for dinner. Unfortunate service.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

We were in town for the Nights Before Christmas Tour of Homes. We (party of 4) wanted to find a place to grab some decent food and watch the Indiana game. We met a friend from Madison who suggested we try Off Broadway. He actually called ahead to see if they had the game on and if we could reserve a table. He was told the game was on and while they would not reserve anything they stated there was room in the bar. We came in and sat down in the bar area. We waited for nearly 30 minutes and were never even greeted despite the fact the waitress saw us multiple times as she was serving the party sitting just behind us. After approximately thirty minutes of sitting there being unacknowledged I walked to the bar and ordered a drink and asked for a couple of menus. I took the menus back to our table where we waited for another twenty minutes or more. Again, no question we were seen by multiple waitresses and staff members. Finally I walked up to the bar to see if we could order some food. The bartender (who was actually friendly) turned around and asked a lady who was standing at the cash register if we could order. She turned around and very rudely said we could go ahead and order but there was at least a 15 minutes backup on food. This is where I mentioned that we had been waiting for over 45 minutes. Her response was that we seated ourselves and clearly no one knew we were there. That's pretty interesting considering we had menus, and had actually spoken to the bar tender multiple times. Not to mention having clearly been seen by the waitress and obviously ignored. That in itself is frustrating, but this woman's attitude and even look on her face is what really put me over the edge. She was rude and borderline hostile toward me. Of course, we just left at this point. So, to summarize, we walked in to the bar area where we were under the impression we were allowed to seat ourselves as we saw others do. We were totally ignored for nearly an hour, yet we were patient enough to wait and when we finally asked to be served received a completely rude response. Don't waste your time at this place!

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We been sitting here over 30 minutes now and no one has bother to even take our drink order. None of the tables have been cleared. The bartender is also the cook. And they have 2 waitresses for the whole place. Bad management equals poor service.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Waited forever for our food. Reuben was soggy and served with cheap-o kroger potato chips. Very small portions came with the prime rib. We are talking like 7 french fries. We never got a check even after walking around and searching for our waiter. We estimated the check, left cash on the table and left. Ridiculous.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We went for a retirement celebration for our office. Actually, it was more like a girls trip. We had a great time. Everyone there was friendly and fun. The atmosphere was casual. The food was very good. We loved the quainteness of the restaurant/bar. May repeat this for the next girls trip.

Been to Broadway Historic Tavern? Share your experiences!