“Great atmosphere and excellent Mexican food.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tapatio Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 73 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We had a wonderful experience at Tapatio's. Food was excellent, and the service was fantastic! We look forward to dining there again.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Service was pretty good. Food was normal Mexican food, nothing special. It was really good but man I tasted it up until the next day. Still worth eating. Tacos are really big.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

The food was ok. Nothing exciting. The was guacamole is not authentic tasting and the salsa is made with canned tomatoes.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Best Mexican food around! We have tried Mexican food from all over the area and we frequent here and the food is delicious. Staff is friendly.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Overall okay. I had the fish tacos, they weren't bad. My son had the kids meal burrito and rice and he liked it. My younger son doesn't like anything so he just ordered the chicken nuggets; they were disgusting! As if they're not already prepared with a lot of grease and on top of it they were dipped in oil. They could have baked them, it's not like we got our food very fast. The place itself is very colorful with paintings on the wall and painted carved chairs, but it's not necessarily appealing; it's actually very tacky, too busy on the eye. I didn't like the atmosphere. All workers were very serious, no one looks happy. No one ever smiled. I won't be going back. I mean, you don't just go out to eat for the food but also for the atmosphere. And sadly a lot of restaurants just don't have a good overall atmosphere, not just this restaurant.