All reviewsheat wavechicago visityogurtwaffle makerconvenient locationindoor pool and hot tubsofa bedhard boiled eggswould recommend this hotel to anyonefront desk clerkbeds were comfortablean overnight stayenglish muffinvery nice hotelfitness centerchecking incontinental breakfast
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Last week, while en route to Muncie, IN., we stopped for the night at the Comfort Suites in Merrillville. It was late, and we were dead tired, and needed a place for the night. There are several big name hotels in the general vicinity, but we've had very good luck with this chain in the past, and this visit would be no exception! The desk clerk was very pleasant, and found us a room with a King bed for just shy of $100/night. The room was AWESOME! It had a separate seating area, fridge, and microwave oven. VERY clean from top to bottom. We had a great night sleep. The linens were perfect. The A/C was very quiet, and we were able to leave it on overnight, which was great. We didn't get a chance to use the pool or fitness room, but they both looked great. We got up a little late, and missed the complimentary breakfast, so can't report on that.

The hotel has three floors. Even numbered rooms face the hotel parking lot (and the interstate), while odd numbered rooms face the hotel next door, and their parking lot. We had 223, and it was GREAT! Perfect for getting a good rest. Would definitely go out of our way to stay here next time we're in the neighborhood.

Stayed: August 2016
2  Thank StewieYWG
satya s, Manager at Comfort Suites Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. Your business is very important and is greatly appreciated. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

Some of the front desk staff was downright rude, others just not very friendly or helpful. The housekeeping staff was friendly, however, the common areas of the hotel (staircases, meeting rooms) were not very clean. There were cobwebs everywhere. The hotel's wi-fi was a complete joke, so trying to get any work done was impossible. When asked about it, the front desk staff said it had "a few glitches" and to just keep trying to log on. If they know there is a problem with it, they should fix it. The pool water was extremely murky.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Angie P
Reviewed 28 July 2016

We had the most amazing time! My husband myself and our daughter. we only stay in Comfort Suites if we can. The staff was amazing, helpful and efficient. The room was very clean and looked very modern. Plenty of outlets for charging. If I could recommend a few things, the pool room was very poorly lit. And the pool had no lights in it at all. It was very uncomfortable for our child. She loves pools and stayed less than 15 minutes. The pool room was uncomfortably hot. Like a sauna. Not good during the Indiana heat wave time of the year.

We got to experience

was very pleasant and the

were spectacular. We will do this again and highly recommend it. It was a great treat during the Indianan heat wave.

Environment

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

We had a great stay it was clean but something in the room was a little dusty the curtains carpet bedspreads something (that's normal at most places) im not sure what it was but my kids are severely allergic to dust and dust mites and by morning their eyes were getting a little red (in a dirty room they could not be in there 5 mins without needing to leave and get meds so not to bad here) breakfast was great they had everything eggs sausage waffles cereal yogurts breads coffee juice milk but no flavored creamers so bring your own i highly recommend they invest in at least powdered flavored creamers like French vanilla would have made my breakfast if they had some since I forgot to bring my own the breakfast area was a big room no issues finding a place to sit the lady stocking did a great job nothing sat empty we were in there for about an hour and the only thing I noticed went empty was one of the milks and someone walked to the pantry area (2 feet away) and told her and she had it filled right away anytime something spilled she was right there cleaning it up she kept the area very clean the pool was ok small but does the job has steps so my 3 year old could play on them was not deep at all (3ft to I think 4'6 ) great for those who cant swim but want to enjoy the pool to the only issue I had was the water was salty tasting (no I did not drink it but you can taste it on your lips ) I heard a few others saying the same thing I did not try the hot tub since I had the baby with me but my 9 year Olds loved it said it was nice but not to hot (they like very hot) the pool was the perfect temp not to hot not to cold just right we Had 2 rooms both facing the highway (even numbers face the highway) on the 3rd floor and we heard nothing at all no neighbors no highway nothing it was great would I go back yes I would

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
satya s, Manager at Comfort Suites Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Reviewed 26 May 2016

Very nice, new, and comfortable hotel.

Room: The room we stayed in had a separate living room area; a small partial wall divided the two queen beds from a sofa bed and coffee table. There was also another upholstered chair beside the business desk/chair as well as a closet with a door (unheard of in my hotel experience!). The beds and pillows were comfortable. My techno-nerd husband appreciated all the outlets and power bars to plug in his plethora of electronic devices.

The mini fridge was slightly larger than hotel mini fridges I’ve used in the past (the freezer compartment was the whole width of the fridge – important when you’re travelling across a few states and trying to avoid eating out all the time. TIP: make sure the freezer door is closed and the cold dial is turned on/up or your food won’t be frozen in the morning! The hotel has ice machines if needed.

The bathroom had a really nice blow dryer (seriously, it was deluxe, as far as hotel dryers go).

Breakfast: The breakfast room was very large and bright. The only downside was TVs blaring out the news the whole time. Hot menu items included turkey bacon, boiled eggs, mini waffles (the waffle maker pops out four cute little round waffles), instant oats, and a folded over egg patty with something like a hollandaise sauce inside. There was also toast (brown and white bread, bagels, English muffins), yogurt, cupcakes, danishes, cereal (Fruit Loops, Bran Flakes, Cheerios), apple and orange juice, coffee and tea.

Pool: The pool was warmer than any other indoor pool I’ve ever used in my life. There was also a hot tub in the pool area.

Minor issues: The cleaner hadn’t wiped behind the bathroom sink taps (found a few nail clippings there and a plastic cap of some kind).

We stayed on a Thursday night so all seemed quiet in the hotel. We could hear a very faint noise (possibly the next door TV), but it was so quiet it didn’t bother us. Would love to stay at this or other Comfort Suites again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
satya s, Manager at Comfort Suites Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016