“Wheres Willy Wonka?”

Albanese Candy Factory
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This weekend my and my fiance took a road trip and stoped at the Albanese Candy Factory just past Intersatate 65 in Merriville IN. I have been here many times taking my Children, Grandchildren, Fiance, other family members and some of the kids friends. I have always been a candy lover and this place is like Wonka Land. They have every size, shape, color and flavor of gummies you can inagine. They have Worms, Bugs, Butterflys (big and small), Flowers, Snakes, Teddy Bears (big and small), Jets, Soilders, rings and circles and others I have not mentioned. They also have allot of chocolates, my favorites being double dipped peanuts, sponge candy and malted milk balls! There is a nice varriety of nuts, sesamic sticks, hard candies, retro candys, a nice selection of sugar free stuff as well as a selection of ready made baskets, gifts and novilty items all reasonably priced. DId I mention the giant Chocolate Fountain! There is a viewing place along the back where you can observe Gummies being made daily Monday thru Saturday. They have the freshest product and the most amazing staff always willing to help and always smiling. They have a constant flow of traffic but you rarley have to wait. Gummies sell for $2.49 a pound and you can buy as little or as much as you want. We always get 1/4 bags of several different shapes and flavors. There are restrooms also. We never pass this place without stoping.

2  Thank cwondrasek

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I try to go to Albanese anytime I'm near Merrillville. Every time I'm there you always receive fast, respectful service from each employee. When you walk in it reminds you of a scene from Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory movie; They have a huge chocolate fountain and it's wall to wall candy!

They truly have THEE best gummies I've ever eaten. Their chocolate is pretty darn good as well. Prices range from $2.99 and pound up to $9.99 a pound for their chocolate/nuts.

If you're ever in the area, GO! You will not regret it!

3  Thank chanscupcake
Reviewed 30 July 2012

A great candy factory and huge candy store. A definite good place to go and stock up on your favorite candy. They make their own - which is great, but they also have the old favorites. You can also get a glimpse of the candy being made.

2  Thank Cathy M
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We visit Albanese every time we're visiting in the area. It has the best selection of candy that I've ever seen. There's a group of windows that allow you to see in the factory and if you're lucky you can see their gummies being made. There is also TV monitors that explain the process. The staff is always willing to give samples if you would like to try something. They carry a selection that I haven't seen anywhere else such as chocolate biscotti bites, various flavors of truffles and different shapes and flavors of gummies.

2  Thank TexasTxtraveler
Reviewed 8 July 2012

we have been to the Albanese Candy factory two years in a row!! They staff is polite and was more than happy to give the kids samples! The gummies are a favorite of the kids....but I love the truffles! They are a bit pricey but well worth it! The chocolate fountain wasnt running but it was still enjoyable! the kids loved looking in the factory and seeing the candy being made!

2  Thank tdawn_21