“Every Child's Dream”

Albanese Candy Factory
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Heard from her dad, my friend brought me to this factory for a tour but there is actually no tour. You can see the factory from a distance, how they pack the candy. It is a cute store with all kind of candies, even such retro looked-candy. The chocolate fountain didn't work when we were there but after asking it, they turned in on for a 5 minutes. It brings your childhood's dream back, swimming in a candy pool. I like the nuts corner especially spicy cashewnut with garlic, yummy!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"yummies"
in 105 reviews

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Best gummy bears in the world - no kidding! Found them during a stay at Four Seasons Las Vegas - Ordered them online when we got home - Yum!! Also love the chocolate covered malt balls - simply amazing.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We have to stop by here to get our candy fix everytime we get the chance to pass through. A lot of the time you can find candy cheap with "damaged" goods. There is such a large selection of candy and you can try samples. And the chocolate waterfall is pretty cool! I do wish they offer a tour of the factory as opposed to listening to tv's and looking through the windows but still the candy!!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Very cute from the outside. Big sections of candy. The gummy bears are delicious, soft and chewy. Many different flavors that we have never tried. We stopped on our way to a different destination and no one asked us to try anything. We didn't buy too much since we weren't sure if we would like something. We stopped again on our way back and the employees were so much friendlier, told us we could try anything we want to try. We did try a few different things and ended up buying more. It was a fun place to visit. They have a lot of old time candy, but it is pretty expensive. It was pretty interesting to watch the factory in action through the windows. I would definitely recommend a stop here.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 November 2013

What a fun place! Ultra clean and smells SO good.

All different kinds of candy, but my particular interest was chocolate. Many many varieties. The fun part is you can buy one or two pieces, or a pound (or pounds) of whatever you want. I bought a variety of small bags. So far, I haven't been disappointed in the taste tests!

Easy in, easy out off U.S. 30 on the east side of Merrillville. The staff was wonderfully pleasant and very attentive.

Pricey? Maybe, but probably not overly so. Will absolutely stop there anytime I'm going through that area.