“Wait Period”

Red Lobster
Ranked #17 of 159 Restaurants in Merrillville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Very crowded and we had to wait 30 minutes even with a reservation. Dirty bathrooms, paper towels on floor, sinks dirty, needs air freshener. Rude waitress.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We had dinner at the restaurant and it was very good. The cheddar biscuits are really good, especially if you get them as soon as they come out of the oven. I had the Ultimate Feast and all of the food was very good. The plate had lobster, fried shrimp, and crab legs; all favorites. The service was very good and the servers and greeters were very friendly. We will be going again.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a wonderful late lunch at this location. Our server was Arthur C and was wonderful! We had our appetizers and salad within minutes of sitting down! So quick! We enjoyed our appetizer of coconut shrimp while waiting for our meal. The meals were very good! The crab, lobster and shrimp were all fresh and prepared very well. Great visit!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

This was my fist experience with a Red Lobster, I was there with friends who visited other restaurants from that chain and liked it very much.
First of all the food tasted great, I had their special CRAB LOVER’S DREAM®).
This was where my good experience ended.

Our waiter seemed to be a bit in hurry with everything. It was also the first time in my life I had to eat crab meet still in its shell with my fingers. First I thought they forgot to bring the special fork, but a quick glance around told me nobody had one. Also there was no extra plate or bowl for the empty shells.

This is not a way to serve this kind of food. My friend, who wanted to go there was also disappointed that they had no Lobster (a whole one) on the menu.

If I wanted to try this chain again, I would go to a different location.

3 points, cause the food really tasted good!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I have always loved Red Lobster, unfortunately they closed most locations in Canada, except for one that I know of in Niagara Falls. We had the Rainbow Trout, Shrimp, Caesar Salad and the fresh biscuits, food was amazing. Server was sloppy and unprofessional. This restaurant in Merrilville was immaculately clean and looked amazing with a great walk up bar. Nice to try them again.