“Good deli, great bakery”
Review of Rise'n Roll Bakery

Rise'n Roll Bakery
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Middlebury
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 11 April 2016

We decided to grab lunch here as soon as we arrived, not wanting to brave a dutch buffet. Good choice- my husband got an excellent sandwich, and the kids pizza was really good too. Planning on dessert, I got beef veg soup and a side salad, both above par. We got a sticky bun, a plain glazed doughnut and a cinnamon caramel doughnut to share- all good but the plain glazed was a stand out.

1  Thank Sally B

Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

Love their caramel cinnamon donuts! Best anywhere! Apple fritters are wonderful too. Always a lot of people here so that should tell you something. They sell jams, noodles, salsas, and many other products to take home.

1  Thank mightywoman
Reviewed 4 April 2016

Everything here is tasty! You must get an apple fritter, they are definitely the best! We also really enjoyed the caramel powdered sugar donuts with apple filling. This is one of the busiest places in town, because they're that delicious!

1  Thank vtgmama
Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

The donuts are to-die for! Everything is homemade and price reflects that. This is a must if you are traveling through the area!

1  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed 3 April 2016

I first stopped at Rise 'n' Roll Bakery when I was in Shipshewana a couple years ago. At that time, I only bought one cinnamon roll and one caramel cinnamon doughnut and I've pretty much dreamed about them ever since -- and I'm generally not a doughnut kind of person! These doughnuts are nothing short of amazing.

The cinnamon roll (good ones are my downfall) is pretty good, too, with a nice amount of cinnamon and none of that pre-fabricated taste that cinnamon rolls so often have. And the cream cheese frosting is like a taste of Heaven. The cream cheese flavor comes through loud and clear and puts all other cream cheese frostings to shame. At the end of my transaction, I was offered a free cup of coffee, which was also very good.

I also stopped back the next day to get a sandwich to eat on my way home. I chose roast beef on wheat bread, with tomato, lettuce, cheese and pickle. It was very tasty, and I only needed half to fortify me for my trip.

Perhaps it's a good thing I live too far away to go back; I would be in some serious trouble if Rise 'N' Roll were close to me!

2  Thank jodyrk22