“Seacruise Villa - Great time but no for everyone”
Review of Sea Cruise Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fustic
Sea Cruise Villa
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We visited from 11/5 - 11/12, 2011. The reason for the vacation visit was to celebrate my 70th birthday. I began planning this vacation in September of 2010. I did all of my searching for a location on the Internet. I chose Seacruise Villa because it could handle at least 3 couples and it had a cook and a maid. During my search and after my selection I was in email communication with the owner, Dorothy. She was always prompt answering my emails regarding information and costs.
Initially we had 3 couples, all family, my 2 sisters and their significant others and my wife and I. We then added 2 more couples, old friends of my wife and I. That made our total of 5 couples and fit the Seacruise Villa which was 5 bedrooms with baths. Everyone booked their airplane reservations so that we all arrived within a half hour of each other. We were met by a van from the villa at the airport. The van was big enough for all ten adults and our bags. The drive to the villa was about 45 minutes. Upon arrival we were greeted by the staff of the villa. We had prearranged , with Dorothy, to have all of the meals already planned and the food already stocked. We also arranged for beer and wine for the first night.
Our group consisted of adults from 47 years old to 82 years old. The people, although some did not know each other, got along very well and had a great time. We celebrated two 70th birthdays, an 81st birthday and a 60th wedding anniversary while we were at the villa. We had a party one night to celebrate and Pat, the cook, went out of her way to make it a wonderful evening. The staff arranged for a cake and also helped us decorate the patio off the dining room for our party dinner.
The villa is located in a Bajan neighborhood in St. Lucy Parish not far from Holetown. When walking in the neighborhood and using the beach we met many of the Bajan neighbors. They were very friendly and always wiling to answer questions and help. The beach is located about 300 yards down a road. It is a narrow beach but very nice. For our group it was a problem for one couple because of the walk to and from the beach. Going to the beach is all down hill so coming back is all uphill. Keep this in mind when you are considering this property. The pool was just right for our group. If you have small children this might not be right for you since the pool is mostly 4 to 6 feet deep. The pool deck is small and narrow.
The car that is available from the villa is nice but is really only good for 4 people. Two of the couples in our group used the car to go snorkeling and diving and also went to a few local beaches. They also did our beer and wine runs.
The staff consisted of 2 maids and a cook. The maids cleaned the rooms and did laundry every day. They also took care of some problems we had with plumbing in the villa. The cook, Pat, was fantastic. Never once did I hear anyone complain about the meals we were served. She went out of her way to make our stay totally enjoyable.
There were a few things that one should know before booking Seacruise Villa. The spa located on the patio off the living does not have any hand rail or stairs. As a result one has to be able to get down into the spa and out of the spa without the aid of a rail. It was a problem for one of the couples. The swimming pool has 1 ladder but otherwise one has to jump in since there is no easy way into pool. Once again not very good for small children or older adults.
Our group had a great time and were very satisfied with the week we spent at the villa. Our only problems were all related to plumbing issues which the maids always handled to the best of their ability. A video of our stay can be seen on You Tube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9ocjfn-d1Y

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank RayH1

Reviewed 23 February 2011

I am a world traveler having visited over 50 countries and nearly all of the Caribbean islands. Traveling is my passion. I have stayed in villas throughout the world. So, when I state that Seacruise is a hidden jewel....trust me.
I vacation to see, experience and live in other cultures. I do not travel to see the same malls, eateries and people I see here in the USA. Don't get me wrong, I understand that others may expect to do just that on vacation; but I do not. What I do expect and demand are cleanliness, comfort and security while traveling. I also expect truth in advertising. Seacruise delivers and exceeds all of my expectations.
I have been visiting Barbados since 1982. It is a diverse and beautiful island. The people are friendly and welcoming. There are a variety of accommodations to fit any budget or lifestyle.
This location is quiet and among the local people. I doubt if that will be the case much longer as more new developments are springing up nearby in neighboring St Peter's Parish. The views here are breathtaking. The staff members are efficient, personable and willing to do anything and everything to make your stay enjoyable. The villa is lovingly decorated with soft Caribbean tones and vacation furnishings. Fresh flowers and floral arrangements are placed throughout the house. I have spent five times as much per week in other Sandy Lane villas and not experienced any better service. The owners met us upon arrival (despite the fact that due to airline delays, we were twelve hours late), physically checked in daily and saw us off upon our departure.
I don't know what the expectations were for the other guests who did not like Seacruise. However, I have never arrived in a USA timeshare or rental to find anything in the kitchen beyond Cascade, one pack of detergent, a roll of paper towels, salt & pepper. Perhaps some people feel that being disappointed is a sign of being worldly because they have experienced so much. Others may think that complaints will get you a future freebie. My 105 year old grandmother always said that you get what you pay for. If that's the case we and those other folks, are still in debt to the owners of Seacruise.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank CJTwin
Reviewed 22 January 2011

The only good thing was the cook Patricia who was overworked. There were 8 off us, we were the last two to arrive at 10:30 at night and there was no food or drinks to greet us, In fact we went grocery shopping the next day and there was no food to eat until 2:30 that afternoon. The owners do not stock the kitchen with the basics, other than salt and pepper. The villa is shabby, not kept clean by the cleaning people, the sheets, linens, tableware, silverware, etc. are not villa quality.. Kitchen is gross, cabinets don't close, bar b que is rusted. We have stayed in Jamaica, Manzanillo and Europe and have never experienced a place like this. The view of the ocean and sky is breathtaking and thats where it ends. No usable beach 3 minutes away, you have to drive everywhere, owners say beach errosion due to November storm but access to beach was awful, littered with garbage on the way. Owners gave us a car for 5 and there were 8 of us and they do not mention the $105 charge for insurance, per week,, until you pay your final fee...and they want the money wired .. even though the website says they take credit cards. There are 4 villas, people in the other two were also disappointed. Pits in the road to the house, the surrounding area is horrible. To the right of your view there is a Cement Plant... No restaurants or stores nearby, the 4th bedroom was cramped and small , towels thin and worn. You can bear anything but you cannot change the Location. We told the owner we were disappointed and they were not helpful, they took the books away where you leave reviews. The area around the pool was narrow, one of our party slipped and fell in the pool and one of our party slipped by the small pool and fell. No nearby activities, attractions or restaurants.. Husband paid $40 to go to a place he could play tennis and took the bus, another nightmare. These comments are not malicious, they are true... Oh did I mention the dog in the house below kept in a "doghouse" locked up who barks at all hours. The owners only have to get you to rent once... beware...

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank CaliforniaSassy
Reviewed 9 December 2010

The owner is a local doctor and his wife and they are great, along with all of the staff. This is a set of three villas (shared main pool and parking) which is on the outskirts of a town just north of Speightstown. This is really living amongst the locals who are all really friendly. The meals were cooked in true Bajan style by Patricia, and it's best recommended to have a rental car to get back and forth to the main beaches in Speightstown or Mullen's Bay (the one down the road is good to explore, go to with the kids, or go snorkeling to see unspoiled marine life, but in the water it's a bit rocky...). There's a small shop a 10-min. walk away, but you will want to do your main food shopping via car. The surrounding town is true Barbados - quite run-down, but home. I didn't mind, but other travelers complained in the on-site visitor's logbook about noise from early morning roosters and dogs, but I never noticed.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2010

We arrived after 18 hours of travel from Italy, and we now see what all the hype is about Barbados. We have been to other traditional Caribbean islands including Jamaica and The Bahamas (Nassau) but as our American Airlines flight from Miami touched down we knew that the right decision was made for this trip.

My wife and I decided to include the entire family (2 brothers and their wives as well as a total of 3 children of ages 9, 12 and 17) on this excursion. We started in Milan, Italy and arrived at our villa approximately 18 hours later to a warm, candle light lobster and crab dinner on the balcony of the villa under the moonlight after being welcomed by the staff, and to our surprise and humility, the owner herself.

The information given to us on our first night was more than useful and we had a car as well as a driver at our disposal. We never utilized either until the third day as we were tired and go caught up with the amenities around the house. The view alone of the sea and coast was worth the price of the stay. We also had a jacuzzi pool and to our amazement a full sized pool as well. Not to mention the "private" beach just a minute's walk away. I say "private" as no beach on the island is truely private but this one was quite secluded and apparently still a secret to most of the locals and tourist on the island.

We had an unforgettable experience and my wife and I have stayed in some of the world's best hotels and visited some of the most tropical and sophisticated islands and countries, or so we thought. These island people have no idea what they have in Barbados, but i am sure that not everyone had the pampering or treatment we had at Sea Cruise villa. The maid and chef were always at our disposal and if we were not careful we may have put on too many pounds on this visit.

The villa is on the northern side of the island on the opposite side of the airport but only a 40 -45 minute drive away (yes the island is not that big!!). The nearest town is Speightstown (hope that I spelt it correctly). It Is only a 5 minute drive away with a variety of restaurants including some of the best a la carte restaurants o the island. As you drive further south we found Holetown which was quite delightful both in the day with nice beaches and shopping, and in the night with vibrant clubs, bars and restaurants all within walking distance of each other. Holetown was about 15 to 20 minutes from the villa. We never ventured into the capital or onto the south coast as we were so caught up with the villa and the west coast.

All in all we had a wonderful time, most improtantly the kids had fun and the adults had more than enough time to relax and enjoy some of the finer aspects of life. We have to thank the staff and Dorothy for such a wonderful stay. We have already booked for 2010 for 2 weeks. We do not care how much it cost because to us the villa and our trip were both priceless. We have found a gem in the Caribbean, barbados. And in Barbados we have found a gem on the island, In Sea Cruise.. We highly recommend the villa to anyone, especially those who want a quiet vacation with the freedom to enjoy some of the local lifestyles as well at your own pace.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank ferrari1956

Been to Sea Cruise Villa? Share your experiences!