“Good Food at Good Prices”
Review of MCL Cafeteria

MCL Cafeteria
Ranked #124 of 224 Restaurants in Muncie
Reviewed 2 July 2016

We eat at the MCL Cafeteria in the Muncie Mall. They have a wide variety of foods from salads, dessers, meats, vegetables, and baked goods. I especially like their turkey dinner, chicken and noodles, breaded tenderloin. Love the peach pie, tomato, onion, and cucumber salad, tossed salad. Wonderful hot rolls are not to be missed. Should give it a try.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

Over the past couple months have revisited this MCL and the food prep has definitely improved. I've had different dishes and all were delicious. Good job MCL.

1  Thank Juniorkp
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I used to eat here with my grandmother and parents while growing up. Then later with my children. While back in town for a wedding, my parents, children, husband and I decided to stop in to eat. We all enjoyed our meal together and the memories it brought back.

1  Thank Beachlovers630
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

We have been to MCL a few times in the past with no issues but what has happened??? We went for the "all you can eat"catfish and wow, were we disappointed! Apparently they want to keep it a secret because it was not noted anywhere in the restaurant. We now can see why.. Greatly undercooked ...after complaining they brought out "replacements" ..no improvement still undercooked and mushy. To top it off the server never came back to check on us or ask if better.
We also had mashed potatoes ...runny and barely warm.
Server didn't even offer gravy.
We asked about the pie choices and what they told us was black raspberry was actually blueberry. I chose a cinnamon roll ...extremely dry and tough. The only acceptable items were the green beans and the water! Service was basically non-existent. And what restaurant does not have honey mustard?
One last thing, the restrooms were disgusting! Perfect way to end a crap meal. All of this for only $30 for a party of 3. ....what a deal!
Management needs a wake up call or close this one down.
Never coming back.

2  Thank Mao007
Reviewed 23 January 2016

I wrote a review three years ago about this place and while the food has largely remained constant, the prices have skyrocketed.

For what I paid for two dinners last night, I could have gone to most of the other chains and had a sit down service with waiters and maybe even a beer or two. More than $28 for meat and two sides with drink for two people is getting into the "better" dining options.

Food was okay, just the cost per plate was really high.