“Memories of John's in Calumet City!!”
Review of John's Pizzeria

John's Pizzeria
Ranked #17 of 69 Restaurants in Munster
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Oh those were good times! My husband and I dined there when we started dating back in the 70's -- oh my!
Though this small restaurant is nothing fancy, the food is great.

I never eat chicken Vesuvio anywhere else because no one's will be better and the shrimp sauté is fantastic -- very rich though and their portion is incredibly large. Their pizza has a wonderful crust not too thin and not too thick with just enough "chew." They don't put a lot of sauce on their pizza which I personally like but my husband will ask for extra sauce when he remembers. We always order their traditional loose meat pizza with green peppers and mushrooms -- that's our all time favorite and it's as good as the old days. Well, it ought to be, it's made by the Bacino family!! Their garlic bread is wonderful too though it's been a little inconsistent.

Wait staff very friendly and competent.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I hadn't had their pizza in a while and I forgot how good it is . They just need more sauce on their pizza . We ordered xtra sauce , but you couldn't tell there was much on the pizza even with xtra sauce . Next time we'll order xtra xtra sauce.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

This place is right by the house. This is the only place calling itself John's that is the family that ran the Calumet City John's, which I miss very much. This pizza is it's own 'Animal' either you like it or you don't. I was raised somewhat on this pizza so I like it in my rotation. The sausage is loose , not in little balls as with most pizzas. If you order from here tell them you want it party cut other wise you will get long pieces of pizza. I have never dined in here.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Nothing like an Original John's pizza. Italian sausage and mushroom. Piled high, crispy crust. Just like the original John's in Calumet City. Just can't beat this pizza when it's done right. Run by the Bacino family, same great recipes. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

It's simply the best! If you are a fan of old time pizza flavor and crumbled sausage then no doubt this is the place. Nice medium crust too and great sauce and cheese.

Been to John's Pizzeria? Share your experiences!