“Sweet Hotel!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Castle
Steve Alford All-American Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in New Castle
Reviewed 15 June 2016

I did not know what to expect from my stay at the hotel with rates being so reasonable. I have to say, our room was clean. Not very big, but it accommodated the four of us quite nicely for the weekend. We really enjoyed walking through the halls. It really is such a cute hotel, the staff very pleasant! Yes, it is very basic, without a lot of bells and whistles at other hotels, but you pay a dear price for that! Not this hotel. It is very sweet and basic. I would love to stay there again! I read another review that said that there wasn't refrigerators in the rooms. Ours did have one, but a couple that had traveled with us did not have one in their room. This is the hotel to stay at in this area for sure! Stayed at another hotel near this one last year, and it was not nearly as nice as this one!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a refrigerator, so if you really want one you may need to make the request.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We visited New Castle for a family reunion May 27-29th. We stayed at Steve Alford trying to find alternatives to the Garden inn and Raintree Inn. Let me begin by stating that the staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating. While we had no specific needs they went out of their way to welcome us and to make certain we were comfortable. Our housekeeper, Edna, left a hand written note wishing us a pleasant stay and her name should we need anything. The inn itself is very basic. It has no special amenities-continental breakfast, coffee, free wi-fi. That's it. There are no refrigerators in the rooms or coffee pots, or even closets for that matter. The rooms are small, but not tiny. The thing I have to say about Steve Alford Inn is that it is CLEAN!!! I've stayed some beautiful hotels with fantastic amenities that weren't as clean as Steve Alford. It is our family tradition to stay in New Castle for the reunion and we will be booking the Steve Alford for all future visits!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed 30 March 2016

Stayed at the Steve Alfred All American Inn for three nights rooms were very up to date bed was firm linens clean anytime I had a question staff took care of me and answered to the best of there abilityrooms have good tv cable selection with up to date tv in room which is a big plus for me I would stay again in a heart beat oh yea wifi is super fast to and free

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and up to date
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Dan S
Reviewed 30 December 2015

Fun and unique inn. I would stop again my next time in town. Better than a normal chain, if you like Basketball history, its very cool. If you do not like basketball I could see that it would be a little much, but it was fun nonetheless.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2015

My family and myself stay in different hotels probably 60 days out of the year or more and I would not recommend this place to anyone! I actually started a list of "problems" or things that we noticed, there were so many!

First off, there was a big snafu with the reservations, so be SURE to get your reservation in writing and a confirmation number! On check-in, we got 1 key for the room, 1 KEY?? An actual doorknob KEY on a tag! In this day and age, keycards are much more portable and available for every person staying in the room. There is no elevator, you have to hike up 2 flights of stairs to the 2nd story! Our room had a broken window (broken in the corner of the glass and literally taped over, with clear shipping tape!) a broken peephole glass (crack directly across the viewing area) a lamp that did not work at all, twin size beds, (although assured they were full size!) there were multiple tears in the bed blanket and the bath mats we had were literally rag quality, so worn out and worn thin, they had all the binding off the edges and holes throughout! One evening we found a dirty washcloth in the hallway by our room that evidently the maid had tossed there and forgotten about. The biggest complaint though was the shower, it WHISTLED the whole time you showered!! VERY annoying!! Water pressure was like bathing in a teaspoon of water but there was plenty of hot water! Continental breakfast in the morning consisted of donuts, over-ripe fruit, bread and English muffins, coffee and bitter orange juice. Front desk people were friendly.

We would consider this establishment one step above a Motel 6, not much amenities nor maintenance!! Not much pride in the room appearance or workings! Travelers deserve better than that, when staying at the "No. #1" place in New Castle!

Room Tip: get first floor room
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank HGF001

Been to Steve Alford All-American Inn? Share your experiences!