Hoa Binh Ha Long Hotel
  • Restaurant
Atlantic Hotel(Halong Bay)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Morning Star Hotel(Tuan Chau Island)
View Hotel
La Paz Resort(Tuan Chau Island)
View Hotel
Ha Long Harbour Hotel(Tuan Chau Island)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The staff service was nil. The place was run down. No working television. Staff were more interested in talking between themselves & texting. Found out there was no credit card facilities as we tried to check out. Couldn't eat there for dinner - we were told there was no chicken available, but it was there the next morning for breakfast. Location very ordinary. Overpriced. Wish we would have read the reviews before booking.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

I have just stayed here 1 night and wished it couldve been longer
I would rate this as at least a 4 star venue.... quality furnishings, and five star service
Lovely people and very comfortable fully furnished rooms
Enjoy :)

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

We decided to spend a couple of days near Halong on the island of Tuan Chau connected to the mainland by bridge and where the ferries leave for Halong Bay. What a mistake! The hotel was up in the hills but had a good view to the Bay. The hotel is not friendly to westerners and caters for vietnamese. The food was dreadful this includes breakfast and dinner. Forced to eat here as we were room bound because of torrential rain. The road outside was like a river. The room was small and the bed hard. Spasmodic wifi and a tv out of the dark ages no satellite tv. So only 3 vietnamese channels. When we went to pay the bill they pretended their machine for processing credit cards was not working. We had to get a taxi into the town get cash and come back to pay. Very stressful as our cruise was booked and left us with only 15 minutes leeway. Wouldn't stay here even if you paid me cost $42 au per night.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gillian R
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

I only stayed at this hotel for a night and still I throughly enjoyed it. Reception was very friendly towards requests (even though their English isn't great). Rooms were comfortable and had balconies which offered us amazing views of Halong Bay and that night, a really lit up gorgeous city. The food they offer is very well cooked and well done. The only criticism I have is the on-and-off WiFi and having no English channels. Overall, I really do recommend this hotel and especially worth bang for buck.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank davfog35
Reviewed 27 November 2015

The staff here was wonderful and the view was absolutely spectacular.Great breezes blowing in off the bay. I really enjoyed my 8 days here except for a few minor annoyances. The rooms are beautiful, large, and clean. The balconies could use some furniture, and unfortunately there is nothing to do nearby. Everything appears to be closed or still being developed. I was there during the low season though. Unfortunately, the selections in the dining room were very limited unless a tour bus came in. Most of the time I was by myself. When the bus came, so did the chef. I think because of the out of the way location, it would be good if they were to have some snacks like nuts and chips for sale. They do have drinks and a wet bar in the room. Food and drink prices were reasonable as was the price of the room for what you get. This place is definitely recommended but plan on needing a motorcycle or paying for a taxi to get anywhere. The nearest place with significant offerings is about a $4 taxi ride away.

Stayed: November 2015