“Great Variety of Wine!”

Chateau Thomas Winery
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Plainfield
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Had a tasting package from Groupon. Visited twice before, still enjoy stopping here. Great variety of wine; something for everyone, from dry to sweet. Try a slushie, too!

All reviews
"fun experience"
"bottle"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We were on our way to Indy and spotted the sign on the interstate for the winery. Ivan was our taste server and hands down I'd among the top we have had the opportunity to deal with. Knows his stuff and follows your tasting with knowing what to offer next. Now the wines, an excellent selection of dry reds as well as a large number of semi and sweets. Don't miss the opportunity to try these. We stopped on impulse and ended up bringing home a case. Again I would highly recommend this stop

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I'm a bit of a wine connoisseur. I love trying new wines from different areas and have been to wineries all across the country. This place was one of my favorites.

We were in town for a convention, but since the winery was so close to the hotel at which we were staying, we decided to visit one evening. We were not disappointed!

They do not offer just a few of their wines to taste - you can try any of the many wines they sell. They divide their wine list into two categories - dry and sweet. Both my friend and I prefer sweet wines, so we decided to each get a tasting which included five wines for $5 then we each tried a dessert wine for $3. The tasting portions were incredibly generous. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable about the wines.

The wine quality was fantastic and very reasonably priced. I'm accustomed to paying nearly twice as much for a similar quality. Needless to say, my friend and I got a case of wine to bring back to the east coast with us.

We'll definitely be planning on coming back when/ if we're in the area again.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Had a Groupon for a tasting which included 5 samples of your choice, a free glass and wine tote, and a cheese tray. Nice package. The server was helpful in determining our palate and which wines to try, making suggestions and changing the sample if it was not to our liking. We were there early and did not stay for outdoor music which would be fun on a cooler day. Overall a pleasant visit.