US$104
Comfort Inn(Portage)
US$72
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe wi fidollar innlate at nightcomfortable bedsratesmicrowave
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Very nice place to stay at,very clean and comfortable,the girls at the counter were very nice and informative about the area,they also give pilot car, and cdl rates to escorts.if you are looking for a affordable place to stay this is it

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2017

This was a decent hotel for a one night stay. Everything else in the area was at least twice as much, so this was good for the budget. It was in a safe area, right off the highway, and the outside was clean. Our room had been mostly renovated, but quickly and cheaply. The beds were comfortable. The cover was dirty (I reported it), so I didn't use it, but the sheets were clean. The room had a musty smell as the I am not sure the small a/c unit could keep up. The front desk people were friendly. You will have to drive as this place isn't really within walking distance of anything, but a couple minute drive to several restaurants and near the beach. They do serve breakfast in the lobby, but we didn't try it. Our room was on the second floor facing the highway and we had no trouble with noise.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Tiggerfan42
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I was on a road trip in November 2017 with a friend of mine. When we were in the planning stages of our trip, we decided to crash on a Thursday night at this Rodeway Inn in Portage. It was a good location for us right off I-94. The TripAdvisor reviews had said that this place had been recently renovated, and the rate of the room was good for what we needed, so we figured we'd give it a try. We were not disappointed because all we needed was a clean room with a couple of comfortable beds for the night, and that's what we got.

We arrived around 10:30 p.m. or so to check in. The check-in process was quick and easy... no complaints there. Our room (#117) was acceptable. The cleanliness could have been better (it was a little on the dusty side), but the bed was comfortable and we both got a good night's sleep. We were only there for about 8 hours or so, and that was all we needed.

Another thing I appreciated was that the front desk clerk who answered the phone a few hours before we arrived was very friendly and courteous when I called to confirm my reservation. I had a good feeling about it before arriving, and everything was fine.

It was a very basic room but it served its purpose well and the price was right!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Craig F, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Craig Foreman
Rodeway Inn Portage
2197636601

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The woman who checked us in was GREAT! Super friendly and she made sure we had enough towels. Our room was comfortable and included a refrigerator, but the floor was kinda dirty. Bedding was clean and there was no smells of cigarette smoke or burns in our bedding. There were many places on the ceiling where the paint was peeling and the bathroom was tiny, but we weren't there for a luxury stay! LOL. Definitely suited our purposes and we had a great night's sleep.

Stayed: August 2017
Craig F, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Melissa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While we wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and approve. We are working hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience with the remodeling that we have done and will be doing in the near future. Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to helping you with you rooming needs the next time you are in the Portage area.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Stumbled on this hotel after dark after getting off the I80 because of not 1 but 2 major accidents. To be honest at first I was leary because of seeing the low rates on the internet and thinking that they can't be very nice rooms.
There was another major chain just across the road but I have found some of their rooms while adequate were in need of sprucing up so we thought we would give them a try.
I was wrong about Rodeway.

Over 2 weeks we had spent 9 nights in hotels and this was the best value by far. Not only was it the cheapest by at least $30, it was clean, comfortable. Furniture a bit dated - don't care, my eyes were closed. No coffee maker - free coffee in the lobby to get me on my way. No hair dryer - never travel without my own travel size dryer. Microwave & fridge (with freezer for my frozen water for cooler). No breakfast - major chain hotel the previous night at almost $100 more did not have a freezer and the breakfast was awful. (They did have a hot tub which my husband enjoyed-but not $100 worth.) As a Canadian I have to pay exchange and that really adds up. This was the only hotel that cost me less than $100 even with the exchange rate.

There is a Denny's across the street, couple of gas stations on corner where I was able to get a pre-packaged caesar salad (that was just fine-not fabulous but okay) at one of them late at night. My husband said there were other options but didn't say what.
I will definitely consider them in the future (yes, I know not all locations are the same) and leave the more expensive options for a special treat.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MiniBell37
Craig F, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Minibell37,

Thank you for the positive feed back and for sharing it with us. It is a pleasure to read that you liked the experience as well as the service of our team members. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future here at Rodeway Inn Portage .