Caboose Lake Campground
Hotels.com
Riviera Resort(Monticello)
US$112
US$148
All reviewsnice campgroundroad noiselabor day weekendlake viewmotorhome
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I camped here this Memorial weekend and after spending two out of three nights we were done. It is not for people who want peace and quiet. It is for groups and families to come with their kids and have a lot of fun! The activities, water slides, dunk tanks, paddle boats etc. would make any family get away fun for all. We camped across the lake from the freeway and still were quite bothered by the noise. Having said that, if you brought kids and observed the great time they were having you probably wouldn't notice the noise. We went back to our home in the country and enjoyed the peace and tranquility in our backyard:)

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2017

We stopped at this park on our way home from wintering in Texas because it was close to I65 and it sounded "good" in the Good Sam's book. I don't know when folks stayed here last but this park is an absolute mess! Most of those in the park are workers and has been expressed before, the highway noise is unbearable--not only is there noise but your RV actually moves from the vibration of the traffic. We stayed in the pull through sites, not because we requested it but when we called she just told us that was the only available site. Although, there did appear to be sites available in the back in area on the other side of the lake. There is no cable TV and we were not close enough to any bathrooms to use showers, if we wanted to. We didn't even see any bathrooms. We also picked up a roofing nail in our tire when we left. The price of $41.40 was outrageous for the facilities and amenities. Would never stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2016

The highway noise is over-bearing and relentless. We stayed here in June and while here received a call from a couple we knew that wanted to stop by to say hello and look at the place so they might rent a cabin on our next visit. Cost me $16 for them to say hello and 45 minutes later say goodbye. That's the fee if you have someone stop to say hi. Hey, I was honest about it and it cost me. Won't make that mistake here again. But the highway noise alone is a "don't come back". Ohh...the wifi didn't work as promised.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2015 via mobile

Very nice lake and some other recreational things to do.
The really bad thing however is there is ALOT of freeway noise. If you are a lite sleeper you do not want to stay at this place
The low score is for the noise.
The checkin process was longer than it should be. The lady at the desk was on the phone and didn't seem in a hurry to check us in.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2015

Very clean campground. Staff was very nice and helpful! My kid had a blast with all the water fun! This is close to home and a great place to get away. Having a travel trailer the I 65 noise didn't bother me. I chose Caboose lake for the swim attractions and location. It is not a state park that is quiet. Great family atmosphere! Will return and recommend!

Room Tip: I had a campsite away from 65 with a view of the lake. Loved it!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family