Holiday Inn Richmond
US$116
Red Roof Inn Richmond, IN(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$64
Agoda.com
US$48
US$46
Hotels.com
Fairfield Inn Richmond(New Paris)
US$101
All reviewsroom servicenice hotelroom was cleanlittle priceyquesadillanewer hotelconference centernice holidayhotel restaurantonsite restaurantkids eat freedecent sizehotels motelspool towelswonderful staymultiple timesindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I was reading several other reviews on this hotel, and must say that I agree with so many issues discussed here. We were hot and dry when we got there, so after going to our room, I went down for water. Alas, they were out of water, and the vending machine was pretty low, too. No apologies, just "yeah, we haven't had a delivery". When we got upstairs, we found there was no chair for the desk, so we called to inquire, and were told they would bring one up. They never attempted to bring anything to us; finally had to use the heavy overstuffed chair, which was pretty inconvenient. I am attaching pictures of stains clumped on the wall, stainns on the bedside table, and thick cobwebs above the window. We paid a pretty big rate here for a room that was marginally clean, and not very comfortable. We'll stick with Hampton Inn next time we come through here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hawaii32
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel is clean! That's always good. Check in was fairly painless, which was nice. Room is clean but beds are hard as a rock. Not much softer than the floor. TV channel line up is very disappointing. There are about 20 channels. The restaurant on site should be avoided if you want good food and half way decent service. Waitress treated us like we were a huge inconvenience. She would much rather go chat at the check in counter than serve her guests. May stay at the hotel again, if the Hampton is sold out. I will not eat at the restaurant again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2017

It's the little things.

I travel a lot. I understand that no matter where you stay, whether is $1,900 a night or $9, it's about relationships. Main street to Wall St., it's always about people. Between my TripAdvisor with several hundred reviews and ratings, plus my outreach blog of several hundred thousand other travelers....I try to be fair, unbiased and no-nonsense. I know when i'm getting good customer service. And i know when someone is taking advantage of me.

So, in this world of travel, some times i like to mix it up. You need to because it does get monotonous. So I decided to try to give Holiday Inn another chance - especially in small rural towns. Quite honestly...i didn't have much choice because it's the heartland of the Midwest.

Never again.

I'm so disappointed in the way i was treated at this hotel by General Manager, Denise. I'm not a difficult or unreasonable person. No diplomacy, questionable competency but undeniably totally corporate. Not customer oriented at all.

Let me start by saying the staff was nice. They have a job to do and they do it. The rooms are your normal fare. The drinks at the bar are a little pricey. $9.00 for a Manhattan using their well bourbon. But it's the little things. For starters, I paid nearly $2,000 for 6 rooms for 2 nights. Together, it's a lot. Individually, it's only $165/night. Okay, it's Cheap. I needed to use a small conference room for 2-3 hours in the morning. When you book a lot of rooms or spend a decent amount of money, and if the hotel isn't busy, most hotels will comp small amenities as such. But all they had was a 1300sf room. Full rate was $400. I didn't need that big of room and the price was over-inflated. But i signed a contract previously because they were the only ones in town that had rooms available. The Hampton was sold out. (I now know why - because the Holiday Inn isn't good). But they had no flexibility. No help. It sucked. But what pushed me over the edge was nicking me for another $100 for service gratuity. They did NOTHING. I learned the room was empty. No service. No water. Nothing. I had asked one of the staff earlier and they said it took nothing to clear out what few tables were in there because the room had not been used for awhile. So i paid $500 for 2.5 hours in a rural hotel that had nothing booked. PLUS....as a film company, we need a good quiet room. They had a constant buzzing which we couldn't isolate or turn off. The GM kept repeating that I signed a contract. Yes, i did. Or course, I did. But we didn't know what we were stepping in to. It felt like all Denise wanted was to protect her bottom line. After pressing it, she reluctantly offered 10% off. I said that was insulting and I'd rather just pay the entire bill. She then offered 20%. Denise....you can be flexible. To live by the letter of the law and not the spirit of the law is poor social skills, poor business and poor customer service. It wasn't the money.

I paid it and left. It's truly the principle of the thing. They got their $400 and change, but will lose much more. It's the proverbial 'win the battle but lose the war' adage. Neither my staff or my client (which is a large employer in the region) will use this hotel and it makes me reluctant to use Holiday Inn again...anywhere.

It's telling when a hotel employee follows you out and apologizes for the management.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Corey E
dtprice1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Cory C,
I apologize our Midwestern rural town hotel did not meet your expectations.
The room you rented was our Ballroom which typically rents for $800 a day. The rate you paid was $400. And was, in fact, a 50% discount. Although you stated you only used the room for a few hours, per your assistant, and the contract, the room was at your disposal for the entire day.
I was told that your group inspected the space the evening prior to use and had no issues. The next day when we were notified thatwere experiencing a noise issue, our staff made every attempt to resolve the problem. This room is rented out for a variety of events. From weddings, receptions, proms, parties, corporate meetings, church events, to attorney depositions and this is the first time I have had an issue such as yours.
When you came to check-out and began launching your complaint, I did offer 10% off. However when you still showed displeasure about the gratuity (and stated we should be paying you), I discounted the rate by 20%. Which is the total amount of gratuity for all events (20%). So in essence you did not pay gratuity.
Safe travels.
Denise Price

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I ended up staying on a whim after being in the area participating in a charity golf outing. After a weary day, they were more than happy to accommodate me, with very short notice. I've stayed here before and have always experienced great service and clean rooms. They are conveniently located near the highway and multiple eateries for quick bites. Construction was going on near the hotel but traffic wasn't an issue at all.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, very clean and kept up well. Had a small problem getting into my room, staff was more than helpful. A little pricy regular price for Richmond IN. IMO. Good food, small menu. Small pool. Grounds are kept up very well. I've stayed at other hotels in Richmond, this is the nicest, cleanest I have seen. Beds very comfortable and the rooms air/ heat unit was really good and easy to use. Very modern. Big refrigerator and micro in the room. No cheap coffee maker, Keurig. Good coffee. Very satisfied with my stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family