“An excellent hotel, but with one enormous warning”

Holiday Inn Richmond
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 29 December 2017

I really like this hotel, it is a quick ride to my plant - I live 500 miles away. The rooms are very clean and stylish. The staff is friendly and efficient. Having the onsite restaurant is convenient for breakfast and dinner and who doesn't like a lobby bar?
The big warning is stay away from the even numbered rooms in the middle of the hotel on the second floor - about 214 to maybe 228. There are horribly loud HVAC units on the roof of the conference center that juts out from the front of the building. I walked into to 218 when I first got there last week and the table tent describing the internet service was wobbling back and forth by 3/8" or so.
That said, I will book again - higher floor or odd room please!

Room Tip: Avoid even numbered rooms on second floor
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Always predictable. Clean not to fancy and quiet. Right off the ramp, full service hotel, close to shopping and resturants if needed.
Best part is Jjuan at the front desk always has a smile and remembers me when I arrive. He is a keeper!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
dtprice1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, as well as Jjuan and the rest of our staff. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Denise Price | General Manager

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Checked in on a Saturday evening. I was looking forward to going to my room to watch some football. Turn on the TV and I get “no signal” scrolling down the tv. It turns out there is a “bar” in the lobby and to drive traffic to the bar they will not send the signal for ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, ESPN, ESPN2 and several other stations to the rooms. They are broadcast only in the lobby. There were other issues including fire suppression sprinkler heads and pipe pushed down through the ceiling causing me to wonder if it worked. I can promise I will not be returning.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
BobbyLNewton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear guest,
I assure you that we do not limit the channels in the hotel to "drive" business to our bar. The bar does have a larger cable package than the overnight rooms, but this is currently changing so they both have a larger selection.

Our cable was down over the weekend and maintenance did make every attempt to get it up and running however the service provider was not available on the Holiday weekend. It is being attended to today to ensure it is up and running properly.

The sprinkler head has been inspected by our fire security company and we have been told that this in no way affects its capability to functioning properly.

I'm sorry that these issues left a bad impression with you.
Safe travels.
Denise Price

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We wanted to stay in a hotel with a restaurant while we were making a 13 hour car trip. We were surprised at what great food this small Holiday Inn had! The service was fine (Peaches was great!), the ambiance was typical. But the food was incredible. The menu was typical of a small hotel restaurant with diner-like features...but the food was amazing. The chicken fingers, the quesadillas, the wings...were so much more than what we were expecting. The hotel rooms were exactly what we were expecting for a cheaper hotel...clean, standard, no problems. We tried another Holiday Inn in Hilliard, IL that had a restaurant, but the restaurant was closed, the rooms were dark and the service in the hotel was mediocre at best. So given the choice, we would stay at the Richmond, IN HI again!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
dtprice1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, as well as our staff. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Denise Price | General Manager

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I was reading several other reviews on this hotel, and must say that I agree with so many issues discussed here. We were hot and dry when we got there, so after going to our room, I went down for water. Alas, they were out of water, and the vending machine was pretty low, too. No apologies, just "yeah, we haven't had a delivery". When we got upstairs, we found there was no chair for the desk, so we called to inquire, and were told they would bring one up. They never attempted to bring anything to us; finally had to use the heavy overstuffed chair, which was pretty inconvenient. I am attaching pictures of stains clumped on the wall, stainns on the bedside table, and thick cobwebs above the window. We paid a pretty big rate here for a room that was marginally clean, and not very comfortable. We'll stick with Hampton Inn next time we come through here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hawaii32
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
0.3 km away
Motel 6 Richmond
#7 of 10 in Richmond
37.3 km away
Hampton Inn Oxford University Area

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!