“Simply the Best”

Mercurio's Pizza
Ranked #44 of 106 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 16 June 2012

OK, maybe I'm biased because I grew up eating Mercurio's pizza. And my grandparents were good friends of Matt and Ann Mercurio, so even years after I left Richmond, whenever I visited, I could always count on getting some frozen pies to take home with me (even if it was on the days when they were closed). But I still love Mercurio's and I still go there whenever I'm in Richmond. Their pizza is just the best. I'm glad the original recipes were passed on to the current owners. Traditional and simple, but just amazingly good. Love it.

1  Thank ElliottCooper

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Fresh ingredients and convenience are the key to this home town staple.

1  Thank Beth L
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We were at the VFW across the street from Mercurio's. I noticed pizza being delivered. The barmaid called in a small pizza order for us. When it arrived, we got two pizzas. The man said the first pizza was overcooked, so they made us another one. We could eat the toppings off the overcooked one if we wanted to. That was great that they bothered to make us another pizza instead of giving us one that was too brown on the bottom. Will order from them again.

1  Thank dcvanz
Reviewed 14 March 2011

After eating it several times, I found Mercurio's to be a charming place with a charming owner and staff. Only thing wrong is that they don't make their pizza crusts. They are pre fabed, and that's too bad because their pizzas taste pretty good otherwise. It wouldn't hurt them to try making their own crusts, after all their menu is not that big!

2  Thank RichardSchillen
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Anytime I go back to Richmond I have to get one to bring home. It is the best!!!!!!!!! I grew up on it and my dad who hasn't lived here in Indiana for years still talks about it!

2  Thank Heather19741997