“Perhaps It's Time for a Change”
Review of Mercurio's Pizza

Mercurio's Pizza
Ranked #39 of 107 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 14 August 2015

Mercurios pizza has consistently been a "must have" on our get-aways to Richmond, but I suspect that run has come to an end. As always, the pizza had more than ample ingredients applied, and were held in place by our request to have the extra cheese placed atop the ham, pepper, & mushroom. The price, though not necessarily competitive with the large chains, was reasonable, and they delivered to our motel (but they are only open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday). The crust, however, was very chewy, bordering on leathery; it tasted like it was pre-made, pre-packaged, and partially pre-baked. The sauce was nearly tasteless, or perhaps there was simply too little of it. I would like to think they just had a bad night in the kitchen, but ...

Reviewed 3 September 2014

No dislikes. The pizza is mouth watering. Good service. Quick. Carryout is available. Sandwich menu is very good, also.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

One of the best pizza's in Richmond. No shortage of toppings, as they pile on whatever toppings you order. A great value. Carryout or delivery only.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

OK, maybe I'm biased because I grew up eating Mercurio's pizza. And my grandparents were good friends of Matt and Ann Mercurio, so even years after I left Richmond, whenever I visited, I could always count on getting some frozen pies to take home with me (even if it was on the days when they were closed). But I still love Mercurio's and I still go there whenever I'm in Richmond. Their pizza is just the best. I'm glad the original recipes were passed on to the current owners. Traditional and simple, but just amazingly good. Love it.

1  Thank ElliottCooper
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Fresh ingredients and convenience are the key to this home town staple.

1  Thank Beth L