“Good take-and-bake pizza”

Mercurio's Pizza
Ranked #41 of 106 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 22 May 2016

We ordered an unbaked pizza to enjoy hot out of our oven. It was ready for pick up when we arrived. It was wrapped in aluminum foil and boxed. The toppings were tasty and generous. I would have preferred a bit more sauce. The crust baked up crisp, but tasted like an average pre-made crust. The price was very reasonable. I would order again, but would ask for extra sauce. Better than the take-and-bake pizza chains.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

I grew up and still currently live in Richmond Indiana. Mercurio's is my favorite pizza in town. Their hours are odd though. If you live in Richmond, I think its best to pre-order the pizza, and take it home frozen because I think it tastes best when you cook it yourself. Personally my favorite pizza is pepperoni with extra cheese! Those that have not tried it, the pizza is always cut in squares and they do not have crust around the pizza. It is just the bottom crust with sauce, cheese, and the toppings. It is a heads up for those that likes triangles and crust around the pizza! Also it is a carry out not a dine in restaurant. Great pizza, great staff, and it is fresh when you order it! :)

Reviewed 14 August 2015

Mercurios pizza has consistently been a "must have" on our get-aways to Richmond, but I suspect that run has come to an end. As always, the pizza had more than ample ingredients applied, and were held in place by our request to have the extra cheese placed atop the ham, pepper, & mushroom. The price, though not necessarily competitive with the large chains, was reasonable, and they delivered to our motel (but they are only open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday). The crust, however, was very chewy, bordering on leathery; it tasted like it was pre-made, pre-packaged, and partially pre-baked. The sauce was nearly tasteless, or perhaps there was simply too little of it. I would like to think they just had a bad night in the kitchen, but ...

Reviewed 3 September 2014

No dislikes. The pizza is mouth watering. Good service. Quick. Carryout is available. Sandwich menu is very good, also.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

One of the best pizza's in Richmond. No shortage of toppings, as they pile on whatever toppings you order. A great value. Carryout or delivery only.